• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy And Convert

grahampa

Question

Anyone out there that can help me? everytime I try to convert a Xvid to a dvd it starts and goes to 8% right away and that is as far as it gets. When I finally cancel it says cancelling but never does. I have to go into task manager and end task. Windows 7 dvd maker works better to convert but is so slow, and I just paid $85 bucks for this program that it says is the best. I'm not a computer guru or anything but do have a little computer savy. I tried going into optons and changing to pal like someone else suggested but that made no difference either so I changed it back to NTs or whatever it is. I believe that is what we use in Canada for DVDs. please help I've wasted so much time on this most of the day

Frustrated

6 answers to this question

Anyone out there that can help me? everytime I try to convert a Xvid to a dvd it starts and goes to 8% right away and that is as far as it gets. When I finally cancel it says cancelling but never does. I have to go into task manager and end task. Windows 7 dvd maker works better to convert but is so slow, and I just paid $85 bucks for this program that it says is the best. I'm not a computer guru or anything but do have a little computer savy. I tried going into optons and changing to pal like someone else suggested but that made no difference either so I changed it back to NTs or whatever it is. I believe that is what we use in Canada for DVDs. please help I've wasted so much time on this most of the day

Frustrated

Exactly what are you trying to do? Burn to a DVD, convert to a video file? What format?

Have you tried Videowave to convert or myDVD to burn a DVD?

NTSC or PAL has nothing to do with the problem.

What settings are you using in VCC?

Thanks Brendon

I guess this isn`t the program I thought it was then, guess I will have to try a different one.

Thanks Graham

Grahampa,

I have tried many times using Video Copy and Convert in both Creator 2010 and Creator 2011 to convert quite legal AVI files [both DivX and XviD format] to DVD.

Every time the conversion freezes at 8%. Several of the other gurus have duplicated the problem, and it has been reported many times but is not yet fixed. The program seems to open DVD files at the destination, but freezes before writing any data into those files. Usually you have to use Windows Task Manager to terminate the program.

I'm sorry, but Video Copy and Convert doesn't seem to be able to do this conversion. You need to use some other software to convert your AVIs to DVD or else to a format that VCC can handle.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Brendon

I guess this isn`t the program I thought it was then, guess I will have to try a different one.

Thanks Graham

Sorry Graham.

It used to do this job happily, but someone broke it between Creator 2009 and Creator 2010.

Brendon

Grahampa,

I have tried many times using Video Copy and Convert in both Creator 2010 and Creator 2011 to convert quite legal AVI files [both DivX and XviD format] to DVD.

Every time the conversion freezes at 8%. Several of the other gurus have duplicated the problem, and it has been reported many times but is not yet fixed. The program seems to open DVD files at the destination, but freezes before writing any data into those files. Usually you have to use Windows Task Manager to terminate the program.

I'm sorry, but Video Copy and Convert doesn't seem to be able to do this conversion. You need to use some other software to convert your AVIs to DVD or else to a format that VCC can handle.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived