• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

wessonjoe

3D Anaglyph Dvd Is Very Blurry When Played By Dvd Player

Question

whether i play the dvd in a dvd or bluray, the picture is very blurry on my samsung 3d tv.

the 3d file on the computer plays mostly right, only slightly blurry, from the computer to the tv.

is there a setting on the 3d conversion in videowave or the dvd burn in MyDvd that is wrong??

i tried to play a retail anaglyph 3d movie on my tv and it is blurry and has checkerboards.

what's up??

the retail dvd is worse!

but the 2d movie works fine.

and the tv converts the 2d to 3d fine.

no matter what setting i turn off or normalize on the tv it's still not a good picture for the 3d dvd.

whyyyyyy???

(haven't tried realD yet)

:(

11 answers to this question

You need to post with details, not generalities :(

What ‘retail anaglyph 3D’ movie do you have?

I really don’t know so I will ask, how is a 3D TV to handle anaglyph??? I would suspect it would need to be in 2D mode and you may have to manually set it that way. Same for the Player.

You imply that (at least I read it this way), you are playing on the PC and sending the video to the TV? details! ;)

If so that introduces other factors into the mix.

But even the Glasses you wear can make a difference :o If the color of the filters is different from the color used in the anaglyph it is going to bleed through and that is what makes it blurry.

tried "Encounter in the Third Dimension" disk from slashdot.

the 2d plays fine but the 3d is all checkerboard stuff and blurry.

it was originally IMAX 3d.

tried a standard "Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" 3d dvd last night.

it played fine.

("put your glasses on now")

shrek bluray 3d and stuff plays fine.

hardware:

Samsung 3d tv 40" C7000

Samsung 3d bluray player

generic dvd player

custom-built computer with LG bluray player (came with cyberlink dvd 9 to play 3d and director to burn bluray)

computer connected to tv with dvi-hdmi cable.

i turned all of the samsung video corrections off so i know that's not the problem.

maybe it's the IMAX format that is the problem??

maybe i just got a bad disk?

tried to convert an old, very old, video to 3d dvd.

it came out blurry too.

when i play the 3d file on the computer, it is not as blurry as the 3d dvd.

is there a depth setting i need to correct in videowave or myDvd?

:)

(all references to 3d are anaglyph except for bluray 3d)

tried "Encounter in the Third Dimension" disk from slashdot.

the 2d plays fine but the 3d is all checkerboard stuff and blurry.

it was originally IMAX 3d.

tried a standard "Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" 3d dvd last night.

it played fine.

("put your glasses on now")

shrek bluray 3d and stuff plays fine.

hardware:

Samsung 3d tv 40" C7000

Samsung 3d bluray player

generic dvd player

custom-built computer with LG bluray player (came with cyberlink dvd 9 to play 3d and director to burn bluray)

computer connected to tv with dvi-hdmi cable.

i turned all of the samsung video corrections off so i know that's not the problem.

maybe it's the IMAX format that is the problem??

maybe i just got a bad disk?

tried to convert an old, very old, video to 3d dvd.

it came out blurry too.

when i play the 3d file on the computer, it is not as blurry as the 3d dvd.

is there a depth setting i need to correct in videowave or myDvd?

(all references to 3d are anaglyph except for bluray 3d)

Wessonjoe, you threw in a bunch of unorganized information so it is hard to follow you. Also, you have posted some information which seems to show that perhaps a better understanding of types of 3D and issues with playback of blu-ray discs are needed. Google for information and/or go to the local library.

What program on your computer are you using to play the blu-ray video. Are you sure that Cyberlink DVD 9 had that capability? Only the Ultra (Upgrade) had the ability to play blu-ray. Cyberlink DVD 10 Ultra was the first to play blu-ray and 3D. Please check your facts. You may have gotten a special to play blu-ray but it sure didn't have the 3D capabilities. I know because I have it and DVD 10 Ultra and had to return the DVD9 Ultra. If you are using that program, go to the Cyberlink site and get help there.

If you are using CinePlayer, then we can help.

By the way, both players have adjustments for 3D. That is where you need to adjust.

From what I understand, you have some blu-ray and 3D discs that play well. You have one disc which is from slashdot(?) that doesn't. The movie was available originally in IMAX. You do not know what they did to convert it to a standard playable on the TV. It could be a bad disc or a bad conversion. Go to slashdot to get help.

An old, very old video was probably converted from A/D and then converted to 3D. I'm not surprised that it was blurry ! Have you tried converting a good high defintion digital video to 3D. How did that look? Some disc players try to upconvert low definition video to higher definition unsuccessfully resulting in poorer quality that the original. That may be the case here.

You seem to have a Cadillac in terms of equipment but you seem to be feeding it discounted regular gas and don't understand why the performance is poor ! Take the time to learn your equipment and processes.

BTW, did you ever find where you saw that this program was supposed to do 3D photos? Did you realize that Creator 2011 had that ability but not this one.

Wessonjoe, you threw in a bunch of unorganized information so it is hard to follow you. Also, you have posted some information which seems to show that perhaps a better understanding of types of 3D and issues with playback of blu-ray discs are needed. Google for information and/or go to the local library.

What program on your computer are you using to play the blu-ray video. Are you sure that Cyberlink DVD 9 had that capability? Only the Ultra (Upgrade) had the ability to play blu-ray. Cyberlink DVD 10 Ultra was the first to play blu-ray and 3D. Please check your facts. You may have gotten a special to play blu-ray but it sure didn't have the 3D capabilities. I know because I have it and DVD 10 Ultra and had to return the DVD9 Ultra. If you are using that program, go to the Cyberlink site and get help there.

If you are using CinePlayer, then we can help.

By the way, both players have adjustments for 3D. That is where you need to adjust.

From what I understand, you have some blu-ray and 3D discs that play well. You have one disc which is from slashdot(?) that doesn't. The movie was available originally in IMAX. You do not know what they did to convert it to a standard playable on the TV. It could be a bad disc or a bad conversion. Go to slashdot to get help.

An old, very old video was probably converted from A/D and then converted to 3D. I'm not surprised that it was blurry ! Have you tried converting a good high defintion digital video to 3D. How did that look? Some disc players try to upconvert low definition video to higher definition unsuccessfully resulting in poorer quality that the original. That may be the case here.

You seem to have a Cadillac in terms of equipment but you seem to be feeding it discounted regular gas and don't understand why the performance is poor ! Take the time to learn your equipment and processes.

BTW, did you ever find where you saw that this program was supposed to do 3D photos? Did you realize that Creator 2011 had that ability but not this one.

please go somewhere else to acuse them of presenting information in an unorganized fashion.

i'm trying to do the best i can to deal with new technology and learning.

i don't need someone telling me i'm incoherent without specific advice.

you have not told me anything i don't already know.

please find attached screen shots that prove that the LG supplied Cyberlink software is capable of playing 3d and bluray disks.

even windows media player will play an anaglyph file on my computer since i have the latest nVidia 3d drivers and settings configured for it.

realD is another matter.

i have to use the Cineplayer to play those 3d files, which it converts to anaglyph.

otherwise all i get is a side-by-side video, same as a realD avchd disk played by the Samsung bluray player.

maybe i need to change the display to feed the 3d tv an active shutter signal.

i don't know.

i'm still researching this.

it's still new to me.

so if you have some kind of constructive advice to give, i'd like to hear it.

otherwise, please defer to other more knowledgeable people.

i just upgraded hardware and software and am having to get used to the system all over again.

please help instead of giving me grief.

the Aiptek i2 that i ordered was DOA, yesterday.

so it will be a while before i can try a new hd digital source.

if you have a file you'd like me to try and upload to youtube, i'll be glad to troubleshoot.

i'm very adept at that.

i'm a certified computer/network programmer/technician.

it's what i live for.

so i'll be glad to learn these new 3d and bluray creation techniques.

please help.

post-92901-028735500 1301016011.png

post-92901-036457100 1301016033.png

AS for Roxio Video Lab HD not being able to do 3d photos as it was advertised at the time of my purchase, Roxio has already admitted their mistake and corrected it.

you don't need to worry about that any more.

thanks anyway.

As I said, you have a special version of DVD9. The standard one does not do 3D nor did the version that I got with a Buffalo blu-ray burner.

I tried to show you a little about organization when I colored some of your text. Red goes with red, blue, etc. I also added some information about trying to do 3D with an analog video. Was that helpful?

OK, good-bye

Edited by sknis

As I said, you have a special version of DVD9. The standard one does not do 3D nor did the version that I got with a Buffalo blu-ray burner.

I tried to show you a little about organization when I colored some of your text. Red goes with red, blue, etc. I also added some information about trying to do 3D with an analog video. Was that helpful?

OK, good-bye

whereas i grouped by software, hardware, procedure.

different strokes i suppose.

i didn't notice your coloring of text.

i usually don't look at the repeat block.

i appreciate your attempt to help.

but assuming i don't already know the pitfalls of converting an analog source to digital is not very nice.

i agree that is part of the problem but i believe there must be something more going on with this system because of the amount of distortion, not just the mere presence of it.

if you can suggest the settings in Videowave and myDvd that need to be checked to maximize video quality, that would be helpful.

i have tried to loacate them but have not had much success.

i think tweaking is not something that is readily available in the tutorials and help files.

and since there isn't a manual, . . .

if you could suggest a link or two concerning the realD dvd and video file presentation problem, that would be helpful.

if you can suggest a link or two concerning how to clean up the analog video signal before applying the 3d conversion, that would be helpful.

i usually use soundforge to clean up the analog audio signals before burning a cd.

does Videowave perform the same way for video files?? if so how?

whereas i grouped by software, hardware, procedure.

different strokes i suppose.

i didn't notice your coloring of text.

i usually don't look at the repeat block.

i appreciate your attempt to help.

but assuming i don't already know the pitfalls of converting an analog source to digital is not very nice.

i agree that is part of the problem but i believe there must be something more going on with this system because of the amount of distortion, not just the mere presence of it.

if you can suggest the settings in Videowave and myDvd that need to be checked to maximize video quality, that would be helpful.

i have tried to loacate them but have not had much success.

i think tweaking is not something that is readily available in the tutorials and help files.

and since there isn't a manual, . . .

if you could suggest a link or two concerning the realD dvd and video file presentation problem, that would be helpful.

if you can suggest a link or two concerning how to clean up the analog video signal before applying the 3d conversion, that would be helpful.

i usually use soundforge to clean up the analog audio signals before burning a cd.

does Videowave perform the same way for video files?? if so how?

Let's see if I can answer your questions in no particular order.

Here is a linkto the manual for Creator 2011. The sections on Video Wave and Create DVD should be applicable. They should not be too hard to find those chapters. Those chapters should be applicable.

RE: Analog video. There is no ability to clean up a video signal; it is what it is. You can adjust color, contrast and brightness automatically or manually. If you capture the signal as AVI (DV); it is uncompressed and the best quality. Mpg2 is compressed so it is not quite as good but it is much smaller if hard drive space is at a premium.

In Edit Video Advanced, there are not a lot of options depending on how you use it. Before you start, you must select wide screen and either 2D or 3D. If you select 3D, you select the video to add. Tell the program if it is 2D or 3D and the type. Select screen display as shown below.

post-58-032401500 1301072294.jpg

After completing the editing, you can save the project (save as) or you can output/export it to a video file type. If you select wide screen, then you will get lots of high definition options.

Most power users will then close Video Wave and open Create DVD. Again select what type of disc you are going to make - Blu-Ray, AVCHD (max 40 minutes per single layer disc) or standard DVD. If you are going to make a standard DVD, then do not select a high definition format in Video Wave. Here are the settings that I find best to use for a DVD.

post-58-010571100 1301072402.jpg

post-58-010553300 1301074187.jpg

You will notice that I always select best quality and create an image file (ISO). I then select the application to burn ISO file to disc on the Home page. For standard definition and 3D, you can use something like VLC free player to preview the ISO before burning. Note: If the high defintion video is lower than what HD is set for, then I use the one closest to what I start with (for example 1440 by 1080 rather than 1920 by 1080).

There is a forum section in Creator 2011 related to 3D; much of it is probably applicable. There is also an external 3D forum that has a lot of real good information. Look at the posts from BruceLV. One of them has a link to the forum but I think it is here. Don't let the name scare you off; there is more than just 3D photography.

There are some tutorials put together by other users. The are for earlier versions but the process is pretty much the same. Process. Using Video Wave to edit videos and menus,using Video Wave for slide shows and other. Again stick to the Video Wave information and the MyDVD information and everything should be applicable.

Note: you cannot make a 3D Blu-ray disc with this application. You can make a 3D standard DVD and an AVCHD 3D disc. AVCHD is high definition video make on a standard DVD with a standard burner. You can get about 40 minutes of best quality video on an AVCHD disc.

With AVCHD, you have anaglyph and Real3D options.

post-58-005628300 1301074523.jpg

I do apologize for this disorganized reply. I was trying to cover standard DVD, High Definition and Blu-ray in one long thread. I organized it pretty much in the way you would use this application. Again. I'm assuming that the options available in VideoLabHD are the same as those available in the Capture, Video Wave and MyDVD sections of Creator 2011.

Here is a short 3D high definition flash video that I created last year if you want to watch it. Remember that it is a flash conversion. Here is the wmv version of the same video. Look at them with and without glasses to see the difference in apparent sharpness with and without the 3D glasses.

What did I miss?

Edited by sknis

Guest nyghtmsyt

qestion will no buray dvd player play a 3D dvd see i have LG on the way it will convert 2D to 3D as this gent so i know what i and up against see i have an anolog sony serround sound system from what imseeinhere i my need a bu-ray player for 3D movies

qestion will no buray dvd player play a 3D dvd see i have LG on the way it will convert 2D to 3D as this gent so i know what i and up against see i have an anolog sony serround sound system from what imseeinhere i my need a bu-ray player for 3D movies

Could you please repost so that your post makes some sense. Perhaps spending some time with spelling and grammar might help to make your posts understandable.

Could you please repost so that your post makes some sense. Perhaps spending some time with spelling and grammar might help to make your posts understandable.

:lol::D:lol: If I understand the post???

nyghtmsyt has ordered an LG 3D Player (Blue-ray?)... He does not think that it will play 3D DVD's :huh:

Looking on their site, I see 3, 3D BD Players and NONE say that they specifically support 3D DVD...

Checked Sony's site, same!

I know if I bought a 3D BD Player, I would have assumed it could do 3D DVD's... Guess I would have been disappointed that I didn't read the fine print :lol: