• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Losing Signal After Clicking Capture

Scooterman

Question

7 answers to this question

Have been trying to capture some VHS copies and having problems. I've got everything hooked up and am able to view the video in the Plug & Burn video or the Capture Video. But as soon as I click Capture, the signal gets lost. Any suggestions?

Hello Scooterman,

I installed RMC2011 in order to check this error and verify this:

- The record button only appears if my capture card is in 480p/i (I have a AVERTV HD - 1080i).

- With normal videogames (PS3/PS2) input, the record worked (480p or 480i).

- With record protected VHS and DVDs protected, the same your mistake and lose signal.

It can be a mistake to Macrovision or any other crashes. Try a different source.

Claudio

How does it do with a Color capture? :glare:

Try what Steve suggests ;)

Cauptain: He is using the Roxio Video Capture USB device. It has nothing in common with your device :(

Hello Jim,

I know that my friend just tried to recreate his mistake, since it had already responded, but my post was considered invalid because they had not used the RC2011.

This time I installed and used with my 5 capture cards (2 USB, 1 PCI and 2 PCI-e) and i could see the problem more accurately.

The problem is not the RC2011, but the source that he is capturing.

For all tests I did everything indicates that it is problem is some protection software/video/hardware.

Claudio

Hello Jim,

I know that my friend just tried to recreate his mistake, since it had already responded, but my post was considered invalid because they had not used the RC2011.

This time I installed and used with my 5 capture cards (2 USB, 1 PCI and 2 PCI-e) and i could see the problem more accurately.

The problem is not the RC2011, but the source that he is capturing.

For all tests I did everything indicates that it is problem is some protection software/video/hardware.

Claudio

I'm not Jim. The capture device is the issue here; not the video cards or OTHER capture devices. Do you have the "ROXIO USB CAPTURE DEVICE"? It is this one (link).

If you do have it and have used it, what are your results? Were you ever able to make it work?

I'm not Jim. The capture device is the issue here; not the video cards or OTHER capture devices. Do you have the "ROXIO USB CAPTURE DEVICE"? It is this one (link).

If you do have it and have used it, what are your results? Were you ever able to make it work?

Have been trying to capture some VHS copies and having problems. I've got everything hooked up and am able to view the video in the Plug & Burn video or the Capture Video. But as soon as I click Capture' date=' the signal gets lost[/b']. Any suggestions?

Remember my old post??

I spoke with him to try other software to know whether hardware or software issue.

In some hardware I got error that the photo, I can do with any source with macrovision or protect (VHS or DVD)

For me it's not hardware issue ... It's a problem in the source.

Try another source record only.

Claudio

First make sure it is plugged into one of the USB ports in the back of your computer (if a desktop). The front posts or USB hubs often do not have the full power needed. In fact, try to shut off or remove all other not needed USB devices.

Don't use plug and burn !

Archived