• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why Are The Dvd Menu's 4:3

jhillestad

Question

12 answers to this question

Well something is " pinwheeling " every time I go into video mode on Toast .... if not itunes then whatever... I cant stand it ! I want Toast to come up as fast as possible , NO media browser please ! At least let it be an option! This thing is getting bloated like Nero did for the pc years ago.... The roxio video player is slower and cant play avchd mts files worth a darn! the elgato player had zero problems! xbmc has zero problems but the roxio player - problems.... no 3d mpo support like the pc version of toast called creator 2011 ..... this product needs to be unified ! I have to use the pc version to handle mpo's while the mac version gets no love... bummer.... At least I got a later version of FotoMagico for my efforts .....

I guess I'm more used to early releases of a new Toast version than are you. I'm told the Roxio Video player is being tweaked. There are a couple HD TiVo transfers that it is choking on for me, too.

If the Video mode you're referring to is the section of Toast that includes Blu-ray and video DVD disc creation then that has nothing to do with the media browser. I thought you were referring to the Video tab in the media browser itself, which you can avoid by selecting its Data tab instead. So presuming Toast has a long delay when opening its Video window it may mean that Toast is trying to read something on your Mac that isn't present on mine. Do you have your camcorder connected when launching Toast? Tell me more about your setup and exactly what setting(s) in Toast where it is happening. We may be able to troubleshoot the reason for this delay.

I guess I'm more used to early releases of a new Toast version than are you. I'm told the Roxio Video player is being tweaked. There are a couple HD TiVo transfers that it is choking on for me, too.

If the Video mode you're referring to is the section of Toast that includes Blu-ray and video DVD disc creation then that has nothing to do with the media browser. I thought you were referring to the Video tab in the media browser itself, which you can avoid by selecting its Data tab instead. So presuming Toast has a long delay when opening its Video window it may mean that Toast is trying to read something on your Mac that isn't present on mine. Do you have your camcorder connected when launching Toast? Tell me more about your setup and exactly what setting(s) in Toast where it is happening. We may be able to troubleshoot the reason for this delay.

There is no camcorder , just a scanner , printer , ipod , elgato turbo . If I click the video tab on Toast it will usually pinwheel..... I just want Toast to come up and be useful as fast as possible , let me worry about finding the material to drop in Toast.... I want the latest filetype support like mpo and 3d avi's like they did in creator 2011 for the pc... I have been updating my Toast products since version 5 and this is becoming ' bloated ' when it starts ' media browsing ' against my will ....

Why are all the dvd menu screens 4:3 ? there seems to be no 16x9 screens......

Just curious....

I also wish the media browser could be completely disabled... everytime I click ' video ' I get pinwheeled while it finds my itunes music.....

Just noticed if I drop a 16x9 video in THEN I get access to the 16x9 menus......... ok BUT not if I drop pics in to make a slideshow....

Why are all the dvd menu screens 4:3 ? there seems to be no 16x9 screens......

Just curious....

I also wish the media browser could be completely disabled... everytime I click ' video ' I get pinwheeled while it finds my itunes music.....

If you click the close window button in the upper left of the media browser when the browser is a separate window it should go away.

There is no camcorder , just a scanner , printer , ipod , elgato turbo . If I click the video tab on Toast it will usually pinwheel..... I just want Toast to come up and be useful as fast as possible , let me worry about finding the material to drop in Toast.... I want the latest filetype support like mpo and 3d avi's like they did in creator 2011 for the pc... I have been updating my Toast products since version 5 and this is becoming ' bloated ' when it starts ' media browsing ' against my will ....

I'm still not convinced it is media browsing. When it launches Toast checks to see what drives are connected including what optical drives. It also looks for video devices. If it was searching for files I'd have the same experience you're having and I'm not. I have the Turbo connected. Does it make any difference if the iPod is disconnected?

If you have the "Assistant" turned on, try turning it off by clicking the box at the bottom left of the assistant window.

If you click the close window button in the upper left of the media browser when the browser is a separate window it should go away.

But I dont want the media browser at all - separate or not.... the reason is when you go into the video setting it scans your itunes and it takes forever... I have like 100gb of files.... Toast 11 also remember where you were so if you quit the program at the video setting it goes back there and as usual scans the media and takes forever.... I just dont want it scanning anything at all..... they need to disable this in the preferences setting.

But I dont want the media browser at all - separate or not.... the reason is when you go into the video setting it scans your itunes and it takes forever... I have like 100gb of files.... Toast 11 also remember where you were so if you quit the program at the video setting it goes back there and as usual scans the media and takes forever.... I just dont want it scanning anything at all..... they need to disable this in the preferences setting.

What I'm telling you is that if you click the close button in the Media Browser window it stays closed and doesn't reappear when you reopen Toast. Also, when you click the Video tab in the media browser it doesn't scan iTunes; it scans your Movies folder. You need to click Audio to have it scan iTunes. When I click Audio in the Media Browser my 4,000+ iTunes list appears instantly. There is no delay for scanning. Even if it did I could choose the Data tab and the media browser always opens with whatever was the last tab selected. So what you're describing isn't the same as I'm seeing.

Regardless, close the media browser and its gone.

What I'm telling you is that if you click the close button in the Media Browser window it stays closed and doesn't reappear when you reopen Toast. Also, when you click the Video tab in the media browser it doesn't scan iTunes; it scans your Movies folder. You need to click Audio to have it scan iTunes. When I click Audio in the Media Browser my 4,000+ iTunes list appears instantly. There is no delay for scanning. Even if it did I could choose the Data tab and the media browser always opens with whatever was the last tab selected. So what you're describing isn't the same as I'm seeing.

Well, I'm sorry, but my Media Browser is most certainly NOT gone. It just reverts back to Toast's main window. If I select Options and then Quit and Relaunch Toast it's on the %#$*& Media Browser again. I also want it gone and only be there on demand. Which will probably be never. Anyway, keep up the good work please, tsantee.

Have fun, Hermie

Well, I'm sorry, but my Media Browser is most certainly NOT gone. It just reverts back to Toast's main window. If I select Options and then Quit and Relaunch Toast it's on the %#$*& Media Browser again. I also want it gone and only be there on demand. Which will probably be never. Anyway, keep up the good work please, tsantee.

Have fun, Hermie

Sorry, I had it wrong. When you click the close box it goes away but when you relaunch Toast it shows up within the main window so you have to go to the trouble of making it a separate window and closing it again. So you only can get rid of it after launching Toast.

Sorry, I had it wrong. When you click the close box it goes away but when you relaunch Toast it shows up within the main window so you have to go to the trouble of making it a separate window and closing it again. So you only can get rid of it after launching Toast.

Nope, I can't... When I close it it goes back to the main window, no matter what. So to sum it all up, at the moment I've got the Media Browser annoyance, both internal and external recorders burning at their lowest possible speed and an awful looking Spin Doctor that for now is incompatible with older versions. Right.

Have fun, Hermie

Nope, I can't... When I close it it goes back to the main window, no matter what. So to sum it all up, at the moment I've got the Media Browser annoyance, both internal and external recorders burning at their lowest possible speed and an awful looking Spin Doctor that for now is incompatible with older versions. Right.

Have fun, Hermie

You're right. It was no longer visible on the screen so I mistakenly thought it was gone. Clicking the browser's close button the media browser docks it as hidden. So if users don't want to see the media browser they must click the Options tab so the browser is no longer visible. I'm playing around with Spin Doctor right now. I see it does create a new format.

Well something is " pinwheeling " every time I go into video mode on Toast .... if not itunes then whatever... I cant stand it ! I want Toast to come up as fast as possible , NO media browser please ! At least let it be an option! This thing is getting bloated like Nero did for the pc years ago.... The roxio video player is slower and cant play avchd mts files worth a darn! the elgato player had zero problems! xbmc has zero problems but the roxio player - problems.... no 3d mpo support like the pc version of toast called creator 2011 ..... this product needs to be unified ! I have to use the pc version to handle mpo's while the mac version gets no love... bummer.... At least I got a later version of FotoMagico for my efforts .....

Archived