• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spin Doctor

designer

Question

2 answers to this question

I'm looking forward to the Spin Doctor guide, too. To capture from the Web the easiest thing to do is choose "Currently running" from the list of Applications on the left. Then select the application that's playing the audio you want to capture, such as Safari. (I believe if you place a checkmark in the Enable Audo-Capture box at the lower left then the application that's playing audio will be automatically selected). Click the Next button and you'll see the VU meters. The quality cannot be changed from CD quality but you can click options to set a recording time limit and to turn off or on the speakers. Click Next again and you'll see the record start button. If you need help about what to do after this point just ask.

Incidentally, there is a preference in Spin Doctor preferences for what format you want the Auto capture to be written to. The default is AAC but if you want it to be uncompressed you need to change that preference.

Can someone give me a quick "how to" on capturing audio from the web. I can't find any documents or tutorials and tech support couldn't help.

How I do it is to listen to the audio on the computer speakers, open Spin Doctor and click on "What I am listening to" then go to "next" and there will be L and R meters displayed with a Red Button to start/or pause recording. At the end of recording press "Stop" then the "Done" button. After a few moments the waveform will be displayed. I then "Save As" an AIFF file on the desktop before putting it into iTunes. I haven't found the "Pause" to work reliably, i.e., it leaves a gap in the recording.

I also do something similar for records and tapes except I use a little ART USB Plus preamp with USB output and it shows up on the Spin Doctor "Devices" list, listening w/earphones thru the preamp.