• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Roxio_central.exe

colm346

Question

I installed Easy Media Creator 8 without any errors. All the programs work except I can't get into the Home program. There are no errors, it just can't find the file Roxio_Central.exe. I don't know if there are any other files I need but it can't find that file.

7 answers to this question

Mine didn't even install the Roxio Central folder. It installed the Roxio Shared folder but no Roxio Central folder.

Are you running XP SP1 or SP2? It may be that the central.exe does not get installed properly under SP1. I think there is another thread on this board with the same problem and the solution was to install SP2.

Are you running XP SP1 or SP2? It may be that the central.exe does not get installed properly under SP1. I think there is another thread on this board with the same problem and the solution was to install SP2.

Walt, I only have the SP1 installed, and the desktop icon works just fine for me.

You may have to perform an repair reinstall in the add/remove prgrams. It appears that something didn't install the first time.

Jeff

You may have to perform an repair reinstall in the add/remove prgrams. It appears that something didn't install the first time.

Jeff

I tried that but it still didn't install it. I can't even find the file on the cd. Is it hidden, or did I get a bad cd?

I installed Easy Media Creator 8 without any errors. All the programs work except I can't get into the Home program. There are no errors, it just can't find the file Roxio_Central.exe. I don't know if there are any other files I need but it can't find that file.

Jeff

Jeff

Roxio_Central.exe should be installed in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main

When I installed EMC8 (retail), it also created a shortcut for it on the dektop.

I could not find it on the CD either; it may be packed within the setup file.

Mine didn't even install the Roxio Central folder. It installed the Roxio Shared folder but no Roxio Central folder.

Archived