• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Install Toast 11 Titanium

BobLG

Question

This may not be the right place to ask, but have already gone through all the Roxio site help/support screens. Because evrything was so out of date I moved to all new system, new Mac Pro, installed Adobe CS5 Design suite, etc. But can not install Toast 11 Titanium. I run the install program, agree to lic question, provide admin password, etc. At finish says successfully installed. But no new icon on desktop or bottom bar, if I click on the item in the Appliocations folder get a pop up saying I do not have rights to view (looks like a copy of the installation file not the application). Any ideas, or can you point me in the right direction?

6 answers to this question

I am having problem with installation of Toast 11 Pro on my Imac. I have tried the suggestions listed herein but I still get the "Yo do not have permission to open document Toast 11 Titanium." The Toast 11 file in Applications has basically nothing in it and it has a red circle with a "-" inside the circle which is in the bottom right side of the file. I also have another Imac (older intel) which had no problem at installation (2 copies of T11). Any further suggestions.

The tool that Ivanatrox posted should have fixed this for you. However try this: Download the Toast 11.0.1 update from the Roxio software updates page and install that instead. Simply move the existing Toast folder to the trash before doing the new installation.

Ivan,

I think that KB article is a little misleading. I, too, had the lack of permissions problem after installing Toast 11 Titanium. However, I tried it from both of the user accounts on my iMac and both installations had the same problem. Both of those users accounts had administrative rights. However, neither of them had a User ID of 501, which is what I think the installer was assuming it would be installed from. The two administrative accounts that I installed from had User IDs of 502 and 503. After running the utility linked in the KB article the installation was fixed.

-Mike

I am having problem with installation of Toast 11 Pro on my Imac. I have tried the suggestions listed herein but I still get the "Yo do not have permission to open document Toast 11 Titanium." The Toast 11 file in Applications has basically nothing in it and it has a red circle with a "-" inside the circle which is in the bottom right side of the file. I also have another Imac (older intel) which had no problem at installation (2 copies of T11). Any further suggestions.

Some users had problems with permissions when installing Toast 11. There are other threads here about that and I think some resolution as well. One thing that probably will work is to select the Toast 11 Titanium folder in your Applications folder and choose Get Info from the File menu. At the bottom unlock the padlock and then change your permission to Read & Write. Then click the gear button and choose "Apply to enclosed items." You should be able to launch Toast after doing that.

Archived