• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toasted Movie Gets Stuck In Menu

bdiament

Question

I have been trying to burn a backup copy of a movie I purchased. The movie has been extracted to hard drive and can be played from there with no problem.

When I try to burn it with Toast, the result plays the intro and previews but when the menu section starts, playback freezes within a few seconds -- before "Play movie" or any other options are visible.

I even tried having Toast just create a disk image before burning another coaster and the result was the same: playing from the disk image got stuck in exactly the same place.

The original DVD is two layers so part of what Toast is doing prior to writing is compressing down to a single layer size. But I've never encountered a burn (or disk image) getting stuck a few seconds into the Menu section.

I'd really like to have a backup on DVD-R so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

4 answers to this question

Hi tsantee,

Roxio won't let us discuss working with ripped commercial DVDs in their forum. Even if I could, I can't think of a reason for your situation. It may be disc specific.

Though I did purchase the disc and this is just for a backup to take on vacation, I understand.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Barry

www.soundkeeperrecordings.com

www.barrydiamentaudio.com

Hi tsantee,

Though I did purchase the disc and this is just for a backup to take on vacation, I understand.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Barry

I understand, too. From what you describe, it should have worked. The current version of Toast 10 currently has a bug that prevents burning a single-layer disc from a DL-sized DVD or VIDEO_TS folder unless the full disc content is included. But it sounds as though you're doing that already. Sorry I can't be of help.

Hi tsantee,

I understand, too. From what you describe, it should have worked. The current version of Toast 10 currently has a bug that prevents burning a single-layer disc from a DL-sized DVD or VIDEO_TS folder unless the full disc content is included. But it sounds as though you're doing that already. Sorry I can't be of help.

Yes, it is the full disc.

Oh well. Thanks again for your much appreciated response.

Best regards,

Barry

Archived