• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Certificate File Missing Or Currupted

DustyR

Question

I have been trying all weekend to install Creator 2011 Pro, and have been getting an error (Certificate file is missing or is corrupted- Please reinstall it). I went to the knowledge Base and looked up the error and copied the supposedly fix. I disabled my McAfee software the way you suggested using msconfig and ran the fix, which never completed it just sat there and after an hour I stopped it. I then uninstalled all then tried to repair the product. It still had the same error.

I then un-installed the product, deleted the files downloaded and re-downloaded the product and re-installed it. Guess what ? No Luck!

Product is still not working it is Saturday night 8:00PM and I have had it for today.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Computer;

Stock HP S3620f running Windows 7 Home Premium

500Gb hard drive, 4Gb Ram

Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU E5200, 64bit

4 answers to this question

I have been trying all weekend to install Creator 2011 Pro, and have been getting an error (Certificate file is missing or is corrupted- Please reinstall it). I went to the knowledge Base and looked up the error and copied the supposedly fix. I disabled my McAfee software the way you suggested using msconfig and ran the fix, which never completed it just sat there and after an hour I stopped it. I then uninstalled all then tried to repair the product. It still had the same error.

I then un-installed the product, deleted the files downloaded and re-downloaded the product and re-installed it. Guess what ? No Luck!

Product is still not working it is Saturday night 8:00PM and I have had it for today.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Computer;

Stock HP S3620f running Windows 7 Home Premium

500Gb hard drive, 4Gb Ram

Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU E5200, 64bit

Have you ran the Roxio/RepairLicenseC2011.zip?

Quote Sonic Boom,

We created a fix today for the Certificate Missing/Corrupt error during launch of some of the applications. It's not official yet so we need some people to verify it works.

To apply the fix.

1. IMPORTANT (Turn OFF Antivirus)

2. Close down all Roxio apps and then run the following RepairLicense2011.exe.

3. Click the button "Reset License and TimeLocks" and wait a few minutes (takes about 2 minutes)

4. Relaunch applications that failed.

http://www.dutran.com/Roxio/RepairLicenseC2011.zip

Please post if this works for you. Also we need information on what machines this is reproducing on.

Please post your Operating System and Machine Manufacturer/Model. Also what antivirus software you're using.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/67887-fix-for-missing-or-corrupt-certificate-error/

Archived