• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Faulty Cd Drive

kilakhan

Question

i have a dell inspiron 1300. it had roxio and nero installed on it. i used the roxio to burn cd's until recently. the drive seems to have gone bad. i cannot burn a cd using it. i have uninstalled both roxio and nero to no avail. all that shows when a disc dvd or cd is blank. what can i do?

3 answers to this question

i have a dell inspiron 1300. it had roxio and nero installed on it. i used the roxio to burn cd's until recently. the drive seems to have gone bad. i cannot burn a cd using it. i have uninstalled both roxio and nero to no avail. all that shows when a disc dvd or cd is blank. what can i do?

Did you try the same thing as in your other post with the HP? What about the Toshiba?

Does Windows see you cd drive?

Go to Windows Device Manager and find that drive listed. Right click to delete it, confirm that you want to delete it and then reboot. Windows should find it and reinstall it again.

If that doesn't work, here is the Windows article on it. You did not say what operating system you are using; this is for XP.

You must have several computers with the same issue. How did that happen?

thanks for replying sknis...when i go to device manager it shows dvd/cd-rom drives..when i expand that i get _NEC DVD +-RW6650A and a USB device which is my internet connection modem. if i right click on the NEC part I get the following options...update driver, disable, uninstall, scan for hardware changes, properties...there is nothing like delete there...what do i do?

thanks for replying sknis...when i go to device manager it shows dvd/cd-rom drives..when i expand that i get _NEC DVD +-RW6650A and a USB device which is my internet connection modem. if i right click on the NEC part I get the following options...update driver, disable, uninstall, scan for hardware changes, properties...there is nothing like delete there...what do i do?

Uninstall = delete. Sorry for the incorrect term I used.

Archived