Joeretired

Question

I'm new to this forum so bare with me.

1) Installed VHS to DVD base 201B23A

2) Checked for updates doesn't appear to be any

3) No menu option for straight Video Capture to Disc

4) Had to insert blank dvd before product would run

5) After pressing record dvd with blank the product seemed to be doing the job

6) At completion of movie I pressed the quare stop button and product indicated it was FINISHING and would take several minutes

7) After about 10 to 15 minutes got error "THERE WAS A PROBLEM WRITING TO THE DISC"

8) Could not close VHS to DVD without removing Video Capture USB. Message said:

"CANNOT CLOSE ROXIO EASY VHS TO DVD UNTIL RECORDING DISC IS FINISHED"

9) Thought I installed product wrong, and uninstalled and reinstalled

10) Tried process again with same result

11) Running XP Service Pack 3

12) All I'd like is to Capture Video to harddrive. I can use DVDNEXTCOPY to burn disc.

8 answers to this question

I'm new to this forum so bare with me.

1) Installed VHS to DVD base 201B23A

2) Checked for updates doesn't appear to be any

3) No menu option for straight Video Capture to Disc

4) Had to insert blank dvd before product would run

5) After pressing record dvd with blank the product seemed to be doing the job

6) At completion of movie I pressed the quare stop button and product indicated it was FINISHING and would take several minutes

7) After about 10 to 15 minutes got error "THERE WAS A PROBLEM WRITING TO THE DISC"

8) Could not close VHS to DVD without removing Video Capture USB. Message said:

"CANNOT CLOSE ROXIO EASY VHS TO DVD UNTIL RECORDING DISC IS FINISHED"

9) Thought I installed product wrong, and uninstalled and reinstalled

10) Tried process again with same result

11) Running XP Service Pack 3

12) All I'd like is to Capture Video to harddrive. I can use DVDNEXTCOPY to burn disc.

If all you want to do is capture to your hard drive then why did you select the option to burn to DVD?

Why did you not use "Capture, Edit, Save"?

How long in time is the video you are trying to capture?

If all you want to do is capture to your hard drive then why did you select the option to burn to DVD?

The menu is not giving me an option to "Capture, Edit, and Save". It only says "Record, Edit and Save".

I tried going that route and it just starts recording on the dvd without letting me have the option of just

capturing the video.

The movie is only about 1 hour and 45 minutes

Just adding to my previous reply. Even if I just wanted to do a straight copy to the dvd from vhs the product is

still not working right as indicated by the errors I stated.

The menu is not giving me an option to "Capture, Edit, and Save". It only says "Record, Edit and Save".

I tried going that route and it just starts recording on the dvd without letting me have the option of just

capturing the video.

The movie is only about 1 hour and 45 minutes

"1 hour and 45 minutes" is to much or poor quality for a single layer DVD. Split it or use a DL DVD.

Don't you see this?

post-97-082888800 1301427879.jpg

"1 hour and 45 minutes" is to much or poor quality for a single layer DVD. Split it or use a DL DVD.

Don't you see this?

post-97-082888800 1301427879.jpg

Yes but once I press it I don't get an option to just capture the video, or if there is one I didn't see it.

The only option I see is to "IMPORT" a previously captured video

Yes but once I press it I don't get an option to just capture the video, or if there is one I didn't see it.

The only option I see is to "IMPORT" a previously captured video

If your VHS is running you should see it in the preview window, if you don't have it running you see this.

post-97-094804400 1301429547.jpg

Okay, everybody I think I forgot to take my anti-stupid pills for the last few days. I think I understand things a little better.

1) on the "RECORD DVD" - This option does a straight VHS to DVD recording. RIGHT?

2) on the "RECORD, EDIT, and SAVE" - This option allows you capture the video to disc for future burning without having a blank dvd

in the drive. You just press record and it goes to the harddrive. RIGHT?

I think the problem with Option 1 was the media I was using. I used FUJIFILM DVD-R Video discs with 6 hour capacity. Am I correct in

assuming that this type media should only be used on a standalone DVR.

I was able to record my movie to the harddrive. The length of the movie is 1hr 45min. I checked the harddrive for the size of the movie

and it indicated 6.15GB. This brings up another question. Since most dvd blanks have a capacity of 4.7GB, how do I fit a 6.15GB movie

onto the blank. I thought the blank dvds hold a 2hr capacity, and since my movie is less then 2hrs, why is the size larger than the

capacity of the blank.

Another question I have since I'm thinking of it, is there any PC type media that will record 6hr VHS to DVD?

Okay, everybody I think I forgot to take my anti-stupid pills for the last few days. I think I understand things a little better.

1) on the "RECORD DVD" - This option does a straight VHS to DVD recording. RIGHT?

2) on the "RECORD, EDIT, and SAVE" - This option allows you capture the video to disc for future burning without having a blank dvd

in the drive. You just press record and it goes to the harddrive. RIGHT?

I think the problem with Option 1 was the media I was using. I used FUJIFILM DVD-R Video discs with 6 hour capacity. Am I correct in

assuming that this type media should only be used on a standalone DVR.

I was able to record my movie to the harddrive. The length of the movie is 1hr 45min. I checked the harddrive for the size of the movie

and it indicated 6.15GB. This brings up another question. Since most dvd blanks have a capacity of 4.7GB, how do I fit a 6.15GB movie

onto the blank. I thought the blank dvds hold a 2hr capacity, and since my movie is less then 2hrs, why is the size larger than the

capacity of the blank.

Another question I have since I'm thinking of it, is there any PC type media that will record 6hr VHS to DVD?

1. yes

2. yes

The FUJIFILM DVD-R is fine for a video lasting 1 hour.

Roxio encodes at 9mbs constant bit rate and you get 1 hour best quality on a single layer DVD.

2 hours on a Dual Layer DVD.

Load in your 6.15GB movie and a single layer DVD, look where the red arrow points, it won't say Quality Best for a single layer DVD.

post-97-075446200 1301443552.jpg