domonitegamer

Can't Use Edit Tools

Question

i really need help. i cant use my edit tools like the add overlay/video effct anything of that and i got text in their but i cant even edit that anymore + i cant preview anything before i try to use it just too see what it looks like and i get this "overlay cannot be added at this position" or "video effect cannot be added at this position"

what am i doing wrong??? or what am i not doing???

i really need help. i cant use my edit tools like the add overlay/video effct anything of that and i got text in their but i cant even edit that anymore + i cant preview anything before i try to use it just too see what it looks like and i get this "overlay cannot be added at this position" or "video effect cannot be added at this position"

For a fast and correct answer, post in the correct topic: Creator 2011 - How To...

Open a new thread 'Videowave effects/overlay not working". Describe your problem and waiting for replys.

I do not use Roxio Creator(Videowave editor) otherwise I would answer your doubts

Claudio

Guest ivanatrox

Do you have a video file loaded in Videowave?

If this is not what you experienced, please provide more detailed information (step by step on what you did would be great). It is a little unclear what you tried to do.

Thanks

Ivan

Do you have a video file loaded in Videowave?

If this is not what you experienced, please provide more detailed information (step by step on what you did would be great). It is a little unclear what you tried to do.

Thanks

Ivan

ok? i have a whole clip put to gather and i :

-click on +add video effect

- choose what effect i would like (note: it wont let me preview it) but i select 1

-a window pops up "how would you want to insert the video effect" i have try'd both but i want "insert on internal effect track of slected panel" i click that and hit ok

- then the next pop up says video effect cannot be added at this position. hit "ok" because thats all i can hit.

am i doing something wrong?

- choose what effect i would like (note: it wont let me preview it) but i select 1

-a window pops up "how would you want to insert the video effect" i have try'd both but i want "insert on internal effect track of slected panel" i click that and hit ok

- then the next pop up says video effect cannot be added at this position. hit "ok" because thats all i can hit.

i know i am missing something please help... thanks

i know i am missing something please help... thanks

Where is the blue cursor positioned? If at the end of the video then you will of course get that message since you cannot add any effects "after" the video. The cursor should be positioned somewhere over the video.

Why can't you preview the effect? Does the little green arrow not play the effect?

• Like 1

domon, do you have two different products and problems? If you do, I apologize and I will fix it.

It it not a good practice to run two different thread at the same time especially of they are with the same software.

What software do you really have? You posted originally in Game Capture and now this one was in Creator 2010.

Edited by sknis

Where is the blue cursor positioned? If at the end of the video then you will of course get that message since you cannot add any effects "after" the video. The cursor should be positioned somewhere over the video.

Why can't you preview the effect? Does the little green arrow not play the effect?

Where is the blue cursor positioned? i dont see a blue cursor?? =( sorry i am new to this but i am trying my best to understand anything thats said,

idk why i cant preview it but it does show me the green arrow that i need to hit but nothing happened

but i cant use the text editor aswell

Where is the blue cursor positioned? i dont see a blue cursor?? =( sorry i am new to this but i am trying my best to understand anything thats said,

idk why i cant preview it but it does show me the green arrow that i need to hit but nothing happened

but i cant use the text editor aswell

What software do you have? Please answer post #7.

ok it came with the recorder..... called roxio VideoWave... answer'd #7?

You mean it came with the Roxio Game Capture package?

post-103-035256700 1301710544.jpg

Yes it game with it here is what i see

So you have a white cursor instead of a blue cursor because your Videowave is different then mine.

Looking at your picture it almost looks like you have "video effect" (lethalchemist) on the text track or is that text you entered?

Edited by myguggi

So you have a white cursor instead of a blue cursor because your Videowave is different then mine.

Looking at your picture it almost looks like you have "video effect" (lethalchemist) on the text track or is that text you entered?

yes but i cant add effects to it like i should from the side bar...

yes but i cant add effects to it like i should from the side bar...

Yes to which part of my question?

How did you add the "effect" to the text track?

Yes to which part of my question?

How did you add the "effect" to the text track?

with the only thing that lets me with the text button at the to not text effect on the side

I also don't have that version but in the standard Video Wave, click on the text you added and then select "Settings"

I also don't have that version but in the standard Video Wave, click on the text you added and then select "Settings"

i do and i only can change the font and color of the text really. but i still cant get the effects to work for anything

i do and i only can change the font and color of the text really. but i still cant get the effects to work for anything

If you are looking for movement, do you see a little red ball in the settings? Do you see the same settings as the image?

post-58-060218200 1302003711.jpg

Also watch this (link). It is for an early version of Video Wave but it should work the same.

This is important because the frequent users of Video Wave are learning what is in the version that comes with game capture. Thanks for your perseverence and feedback.

If you are looking for movement, do you see a little red ball in the settings? Do you see the same settings as the image?

post-58-060218200 1302003711.jpg

Also watch this (link). It is for an early version of Video Wave but it should work the same.

This is important because the frequent users of Video Wave are learning what is in the version that comes with game capture. Thanks for your perseverence and feedback.

yes i have that and thats the only text effect i can get i guess.

post-93834-058100200 1302044530.png

yes i have that and thats the only text effect i can get i guess.

What do you mean by nothing happens when you click on the text effects? How did you get the text on the Text track?

Clicking on the little green arrow on the text effect thumbnail does nothing or very little.

Edited by myguggi

What do you mean by nothing happens when you click on the text effects? How did you get the text on the Text track?

Clicking on the little green arrow on the text effect thumbnail does nothing or very little.

i try to click the little green arrow nothing happen's it only selects it. and i got it from clicking the add a text from the top bar not the side

i try to click the little green arrow nothing happen's it only selects it. and i got it from clicking the add a text from the top bar not the side

What do you want to happen? What are you trying to do?

Nothing really is supposed to happen when you click the little green arrow.

Once you have added the text to the text track, double click on the text in the text track. Does the settings window open as sknis has shown in post #19?

What do you want to happen? What are you trying to do?

Nothing really is supposed to happen when you click the little green arrow.

Once you have added the text to the text track, double click on the text in the text track. Does the settings window open as sknis has shown in post #19?

the green arrow is for a preview for the effect you want to use and it dont work. even in all the other effects that dont work.

the text settings i had to open my self it took some time but i got it to stay open now and when i go to use it i need to have the text highlighted but thats normal

i know how to add the text

-the effects dont work for the text other then that settings i was show'n in post #19

the video effects dont work

- i try to add it and it says i cant place it their and no blue cruser

and effect thing dont work i cant even choose the translator effect i have to set it at random and it places it all in their

the green arrow is for a preview for the effect you want to use and it dont work. even in all the other effects that dont work.

the text settings i had to open my self it took some time but i got it to stay open now and when i go to use it i need to have the text highlighted but thats normal

i know how to add the text

-the effects dont work for the text other then that settings i was show'n in post #19

the video effects dont work

- i try to add it and it says i cant place it their and no blue cruser

and effect thing dont work i cant even choose the translator effect i have to set it at random and it places it all in their

The color of the cursor is irrelevant. In one of you posts you showed it as a white cursor - that is the cursor I meant.

Lets see if you can get the text effects to work without doing anything else. Do the following steps and come back and tell us what happens.

Start a new Videowave project.

• Add a video or photo to the storyline
  • click on Add Text effect in the Add Content task panel
  • In the Add Text Effect window that opens, select the Basic Black thumbnail, then click Ok.
  • In the preview window you should now have a rectangle containg the text "Type your text here"
  • Click on the More Settings icon on the Preview window taskbar. It should be somewhere to the right of the little red ball)
  • The Settings window opens, now click on the little red ball (the motion icon)
  • For the Start Path, keep the "Still" setting but change the Style to "Fade in Slower"
  • For the End Path, set the Style to "Fade Out Slower"
  • Now Play the clip. You should see an image with the text slowly becoming visible and the fading away again.

If you do not see any of this then there is a problem with the install.

BTW, it would help if you reread your posts before posting. Some of your posts do not make any sense.

Edited by myguggi

The color of the cursor is irrelevant. In one of you posts you showed it as a white cursor - that is the cursor I meant.

Lets see if you can get the text effects to work without doing anything else. Do the following steps and come back and tell us what happens.

Start a new Videowave project.

• Add a video or photo to the storyline
  • click on Add Text effect in the Add Content task panel
  • In the Add Text Effect window that opens, select the Basic Black thumbnail, then click Ok.
  • In the preview window you should now have a rectangle containg the text "Type your text here"
  • Click on the More Settings icon on the Preview window taskbar. It should be somewhere to the right of the little red ball)
  • The Settings window opens, now click on the little red ball (the motion icon)
  • For the Start Path, keep the "Still" setting but change the Style to "Fade in Slower"
  • For the End Path, set the Style to "Fade Out Slower"
  • Now Play the clip. You should see an image with the text slowly becoming visible and the fading away again.

If you do not see any of this then there is a problem with the install.

BTW, it would help if you reread your posts before posting. Some of your posts do not make any sense.

nothing i have asked for help has been answered you keep saying look at this look at that well what you told me to do i already did when the other guy showed it. my effect still dont work and that little text setting is not the full effects i could get i have starting to grow far from this form because my question was not answered. why cant i have the effects they arnt working.... and still dont but this post has slowly some how made it to the text only which is not what i was looking for the text works not the effects the settings do but not the effects... i feel like i am spending more time looking and reading from this post and Roxio customer help and nothing is helping the "effects" to work