• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Sound When Recording On Lp To Mp3

dadboudreau

So here's the rub.

When I am recording LP's there is no sound coming through the computer. I can see the recording bars bouncing, but no sound.

When I stop recording and move to step 2, the sound was indeed captured and I can play it.

It would be extrememly helpful to hear what I am recording instead of waiting to hear it when I move to the "review" stage of step 2.

Any ideas?

So here's the rub.

When I am recording LP's there is no sound coming through the computer. I can see the recording bars bouncing, but no sound.

When I stop recording and move to step 2, the sound was indeed captured and I can play it.

It would be extrememly helpful to hear what I am recording instead of waiting to hear it when I move to the "review" stage of step 2.

Any ideas?

Thats a function of your sound card. What O/S are you using?, and what type of sound card/chip is installed.

I am using a Microsoft XP on a Pentium 4 Dell. I thought it may be something with my sound card (it is integrated with the mother board) but cannot figure a way to set the sound under the control panel and allow Roxio to play while recording.

I would appreciate any input or ideas that you may have.

Thanks for your time.

Thats a function of your sound card. What O/S are you using?, and what type of sound card/chip is installed.

I am using a Microsoft XP on a Pentium 4 Dell. I thought it may be something with my sound card (it is integrated with the mother board) but cannot figure a way to set the sound under the control panel and allow Roxio to play while recording.

I would appreciate any input or ideas that you may have.

Thanks for your time.

Some onboard chips don't allow it.

Try a Google for it with your sound chip listed..

• 1 month later...

THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL HERE SOUND IS WHEN YOU PLAY BACK THE TRACKS. IF YOU HAVE THE ION TURNTABLE YOU CAN HEAR THE MUSIC BEING RIPPED.

Archived