• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Moved Up From Easy Media Creator9 To Creator 2011

camelot39

Question

Hi All,

This has probably been asked (and answered!) before but I've searched and can't find.

Should I have uninstalled EMC 9 before installing Creator 2011?

What are the consequences if I uninstall it now, as I guess that there may be files which are common to both programs?

I don't really have a problem with both being on the computer although they both appear to be running a little slowly.

Ken

2 answers to this question

Hi All,

This has probably been asked (and answered!) before but I've searched and can't find.

Should I have uninstalled EMC 9 before installing Creator 2011?

What are the consequences if I uninstall it now, as I guess that there may be files which are common to both programs?

I don't really have a problem with both being on the computer although they both appear to be running a little slowly.

Ken

What operating system are you using? If you have not moved to W7 then keep both. They should not interfere. Some projects and other things you made in EMC 9 will not work in Creator 2011.

Having both should not cause them to run slowly unless you have pieces of both opening at boot. You can check by running msconfig and going to the start up tab. Uncheck the things you don't want to run at start up. Reboot and then acknowledge that you made changes.

If you are concerned or rather not do that, download the free Soluto (link) and run that. It tells you what must be run at boot, what can start up after boot and, most importantly what should start ONLY when you want it to. It is easy to use and really cuts down on the time to boot your computer and then to keep running processes to just what is needed.

What operating system are you using? If you have not moved to W7 then keep both. They should not interfere. Some projects and other things you made in EMC 9 will not work in Creator 2011.

Having both should not cause them to run slowly unless you have pieces of both opening at boot. You can check by running msconfig and going to the start up tab. Uncheck the things you don't want to run at start up. Reboot and then acknowledge that you made changes.

If you are concerned or rather not do that, download the free Soluto (link) and run that. It tells you what must be run at boot, what can start up after boot and, most importantly what should start ONLY when you want it to. It is easy to use and really cuts down on the time to boot your computer and then to keep running processes to just what is needed.

Hi sknis,

Thanks for that.

As I said, not to bothered having both and as they won't interfere with one another I'll leave as is.

OS is XP professional.

Soluto sounds like it might be worth a look.

Ken

Archived