• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Well, I'm a newbie here also, but not to computers.

fonejac

Question

Well, I'm a newbie here also, but not to computers. I have spent over 40 hours during the last 20 days trying to get the VHS To DVD application, which is included with the Easy Creator 2011 SE. I have worked with 3 techs on the phone and 2 techs on the chat site and have followed their instructions to the letter PLUS....

1. uninstalled all programs dealing with ANY cd/dvd burning or writing. I have an HP Slimline s7600n running Windows XP SP3 Home Media Center Edition 2002. AMD Athalon 64X2 @3800 dual core processor, 110Gig unused HD, 1 Meg of memory(512KB is min. requirement) New Plextor DVDR DL 870A.

2. Ran a "deep clean" registry cleaner to remove all entries of any burning or writing software (Nero or others).

3. All firewalls and virus protection was disabled during installation.

4. Creator Video Capture Device was plugged in a USB 2.0 port during installation.

5. Installed from Installation Disk

6. Copied Install Disk to HD and installed... after running Roxio Cleaner from the same folder.

7. Downloaded and installed Creator 2011 SP1

8. Created another User ID "Roxio" and performed all of the above task again.

9. Deleted the Roxio User ID and started all over with my Administrator User.

Have I left anything out... probably :unsure:

I still get the message when I click the Easy VHS TO DVD icon... "Easy VHS TO DVD has encountered a problem and needs to close" ... send or don't send error message?

I still have an open repair ticket since 3/22/2011 that has not been answered. Does anyone have a suggestion... I only have a few days before COSTCO refuses a refund request. :rolleyes: I know, I know, it's easier to connect a vhs player to my home DVD and transfer that way... but I paid for it and I want it to work. :angry2:

6 answers to this question

Do you have C2011 SE installed and working? Try using the USB Capture Device from Easy VHS to DVD (plug it into a USB 2.0 port), check device manager for device drivers.

post-97-088780300 1301609259.jpg

In C2011 use media import, Videowave, and My DVD.

Well, I'm a newbie here also, but not to computers. I have spent over 40 hours during the last 20 days trying to get the VHS To DVD application, which is included with the Easy Creator 2011 SE. I have worked with 3 techs on the phone and 2 techs on the chat site and have followed their instructions to the letter PLUS....

1. uninstalled all programs dealing with ANY cd/dvd burning or writing. I have an HP Slimline s7600n running Windows XP SP3 Home Media Center Edition 2002. AMD Athalon 64X2 @3800 dual core processor, 110Gig unused HD, 1 Meg of memory(512KB is min. requirement) New Plextor DVDR DL 870A.

2. Ran a "deep clean" registry cleaner to remove all entries of any burning or writing software (Nero or others).

3. All firewalls and virus protection was disabled during installation.

4. Creator Video Capture Device was plugged in a USB 2.0 port during installation.

5. Installed from Installation Disk

6. Copied Install Disk to HD and installed... after running Roxio Cleaner from the same folder.

7. Downloaded and installed Creator 2011 SP1

8. Created another User ID "Roxio" and performed all of the above task again.

9. Deleted the Roxio User ID and started all over with my Administrator User.

Have I left anything out... probably :unsure:

I still get the message when I click the Easy VHS TO DVD icon... "Easy VHS TO DVD has encountered a problem and needs to close" ... send or don't send error message?

I still have an open repair ticket since 3/22/2011 that has not been answered. Does anyone have a suggestion... I only have a few days before COSTCO refuses a refund request. :rolleyes: I know, I know, it's easier to connect a vhs player to my home DVD and transfer that way... but I paid for it and I want it to work. :angry2:

What video card do you have in that rig, and what power supply? That model seems to have a lot of problems, outside of doing anything video.

Hopefully, cdanteek's suggestion will work for you.

cdanteek... I have verified my drivers and they are installed as you indicated. Creator 2011 SE is installed and appears to work correctly, although I have not checked every feature on the menu. The only hang-up is the VHS2DVD application of the Suite. I have attached a screen shot of the error message. My video is a GeForce 6150 LE. (updated 3-19-2011) My display is a Vizio

VM230XVT TV/Monitor

VHS2DVDerror.bmp

Then open up Creator 2011 SE like the pics show and try and capture your VHS.

See with the full C2011 program all that is needed is the USB Capture Device, you don't need the VHS to DVD Program! Do you understand that?

Once the video is captured use edit video advanced, videowave do your editing then send your project to My DVD to burn..

post-97-041949900 1301685295.jpg

post-97-094973800 1301685301.jpg

Archived