It Ain't "easy"

HCGIII

Question

Here's a copy of my latest "Tech Support Ticket",,,,, anyone else "UNHAPPY" for the same reason ????

WebTicket 3/31/2011

OK,,, I just bought this "highly rated" product at Best Buy. Installed on my NEW Dell Inspiron 2305,,, 2.3 G quad core processor,,, 6.0 G dual core memory,,, TB hard drive. Installed OK. Hooked everything up,,, hit play on the VCR,,,preview is perfect all the way through,,, rewind the tape,,, install a NEW blank DVD+R,,, hit play on the VCR,,, then when the signal appears in preview,,, click the START button,,, Preview signal disappears,,,, program switches to "finishing" and just sits there,,, you can't click on anything,,, you can't stop the program,,, you CAN open the "task manager" and stop the program,,, BUT even then you either have to "re-start" the computer to open the disk slot,,, OR use the "release hole" to get the DVD tray out. So far,, I have spent 5 hours and 3 DVD's to get NOTHING. I have been all over GOOGLE and such,,, people aren't saying nice things on there. This is REAL STUPID. Please HELP,,, I HAVE had confidence in ROXIO for years.

6 answers to this question

Here's a copy of my latest "Tech Support Ticket",,,,, anyone else "UNHAPPY" for the same reason ????

WebTicket 3/31/2011

OK,,, I just bought this "highly rated" product at Best Buy. Installed on my NEW Dell Inspiron 2305,,, 2.3 G quad core processor,,, 6.0 G dual core memory,,, TB hard drive. Installed OK. Hooked everything up,,, hit play on the VCR,,,preview is perfect all the way through,,, rewind the tape,,, install a NEW blank DVD+R,,, hit play on the VCR,,, then when the signal appears in preview,,, click the START button,,, Preview signal disappears,,,, program switches to "finishing" and just sits there,,, you can't click on anything,,, you can't stop the program,,, you CAN open the "task manager" and stop the program,,, BUT even then you either have to "re-start" the computer to open the disk slot,,, OR use the "release hole" to get the DVD tray out. So far,, I have spent 5 hours and 3 DVD's to get NOTHING. I have been all over GOOGLE and such,,, people aren't saying nice things on there. This is REAL STUPID. Please HELP,,, I HAVE had confidence in ROXIO for years.

Until you tell us what version you have nobody can help you. Read this

Most of us recommend capturing to your hard drive instead of to a DVD directly. You will create a lot fewer coasters.

Hi HCGIII

I have reviewed your tickets.

Have you tried capturing to a file rather than to a DVD to see if that works instead?

Thanks,

Jon

Until you tell us what version you have nobody can help you. Read this

Most of us recommend capturing to your hard drive instead of to a DVD directly. You will create a lot fewer coasters.

Build 201B23A,,, checked for updates and Service Packs already,,,, none available. I will try saving on hard drive,,, hope this "program" let's me Choose where it's going to put the file next.

Just tried the "save,edit,files" option. Same result. Shows the preview,,, as soon as you click the record button,,, you get a flash of "no video signal",,, then black screen,,, and it stops,,, also locks the disk in. SURELY, ROXIO TESTED THIS,,, and they want about $80 an hour for telephone help. Yeah,,, Right.

Could be Video Drivers, could be your install...

Let's try this...

Make sure you have installed the latest drivers and software for you Video Card or Chip! Go to the manufactures site don't rely on Windows to do it right!

Do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

Don't use the Extension cord. Plug the USB Device directly into a port on the back of your PC.

Try it ONLY after you have done all 3!

Also try it with a DVD or BD Player instead of a VCR. that way you know you are getting a good signal.

Just tried the "save,edit,files" option. Same result. Shows the preview,,, as soon as you click the record button,,, you get a flash of "no video signal",,, then black screen,,, and it stops,,, also locks the disk in. SURELY, ROXIO TESTED THIS,,, and they want about $80 an hour for telephone help. Yeah,,, Right.

Capturing to your hard drive should have nothing to do with your burner, in fact why do you have a disc in the burner if you are capturing to your hard drive?

Archived