Uninstall Old Version After Installing Creator 2011

bagels1

Question

I recently purchased Roxio Creator 2011. I have Easy Media Creator 7.5 currently on my computer. I installed the new version but it is running very slowly and videowave wasn't opening. Can/should I uninstall the old version after the new one was installed. Also, can I still view and burn old projects through Creator 2011?

Thanks for any help!

4 answers to this question

Hello,

OK so currently I have 'Easy Media Creator 7.5' and Roxio Creator 2011 both on my computer. I have projects saved in 7.5 with .dmsm . I purchased 2011 because I can't burn from the 7.5 version due to the fact that it conflicts with Internet Explorer 8. I would still like to be able to burn the projects made from 7.5 if possible. Also Videowave from 2011 does not run-the graphic that says Videowave just stays on the computer(you can hear it running) and does not load. Can I uninstall 7.5 now that 2011 in already installed or do I have to uninstall both and reinstall 2011 and if I do that will I have access to projects made in 7.5.

Computer info:

Windows XP

Version 2002 SP3

Intel Pentium®4 CPU 2.53GHz

2.52GHz, 512MB of RAM

Thanks so much,

Sharon

Hello,

OK so currently I have 'Easy Media Creator 7.5' and Roxio Creator 2011 both on my computer. I have projects saved in 7.5 with .dmsm . I purchased 2011 because I can't burn from the 7.5 version due to the fact that it conflicts with Internet Explorer 8. I would still like to be able to burn the projects made from 7.5 if possible. Also Videowave from 2011 does not run-the graphic that says Videowave just stays on the computer(you can hear it running) and does not load. Can I uninstall 7.5 now that 2011 in already installed or do I have to uninstall both and reinstall 2011 and if I do that will I have access to projects made in 7.5.

Computer info:

Windows XP

Version 2002 SP3

Intel Pentium®4 CPU 2.53GHz

2.52GHz, 512MB of RAM

Thanks so much,

Sharon

If the VideoWave, in EMC 7.5 still works, you can output your productions, from VideoWave, as mpg2 files. Those files can then be used in MyDVD (Create DVDs) to add menus and burn to an image file or directly to a DVD.

Your EMC 7.5 dmsm files will not work in Creator 2011.

I don't have EMC 7.5 on either of my two working computers, so I can't give you a step by step on how to output from VideoWave in EMC 7.5.

You will want to output all of your EMC 7.5 dmsm files before you uninstall BOTH versions of the software. You can try uninstalling EMC 7.5 first and see if Creator 2011 still works, but it may be better to uninstall both, via the "clean install" method.

I recently purchased Roxio Creator 2011. I have Easy Media Creator 7.5 currently on my computer. I installed the new version but it is running very slowly and videowave wasn't opening. Can/should I uninstall the old version after the new one was installed. Also, can I still view and burn old projects through Creator 2011?

Thanks for any help!

No, you can't burn the old projects from EMC 7.5 unless you already burned them to an iso file or folder set. But, I suggest that you don't uninstall EMC 7.5 until you have finished the project and burned them.

Also, explain your problem with Creator 2011 in more detail.

List your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature.

Since parts of the new version will overwrite parts of the old, it isn't a good idea to install a new version over the old and then uninstall the old version. You're likely to take parts of the new one with it.

If you have both versions installed, it's best to take them both off and clean up, and then install just the new one.

Archived