• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Partial working install for EMC8 (online version)

BigByrd

Question

This past weekend I downloaded EMC8 and installed software with the expectation that I would work.

The EMC8 seemed to install without errors, but the Content install returned errors and still is problematic after application of many of the recommendation posted in this forum.

Back to EMC8: The following DON'T WORK and thus are a major concern to me.

The Media Import utility hangs after generating a runtime error pointing to the MediaCenter.exe file.

The Media Manager app throws several errors; first I get an Application error with instruction at '0x601082b' saying that the referenced memory at '0x020bffd8' couldn't be read; after clicking on the error pop-up another error is thrown with similar information but slightly different memory addresses. This app does not hang like the import utility.

PhotoSuite provides me with a new error, that of a JIT win32 exception error, showing that no JIT debugger is installed. This app does not hang.

After reading many of the post in this forum I would hesitate to recommend this product to anyone unless paitience is no problem. Any assistance or comments are invited.

BigByrd :) java script:add_smilie(":huh:","smid_1")

mellow.gif

6 answers to this question

Exceed all the requirements.

Dell Dimension 8400:

* Microsoft® Windows XP Home (Service Pack 2 Build 2600)

* For burning music and data discs: 4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4; 1 GB RAM

* 1024x768+ NVIDIA GeForce 6800 w/256MB RAM

* Windows Media Player 10 and Microsoft Internet Exploder 7 Beta 3

All the hard drive space and then some.

That's one of the items I made sure that I could meet, obviously it must be some other problem.

Thanks

BigByrd

Wow! I have never heard of anyone having a 4GHz CPU, before! Internet Explorer Beta 3 should not be a problem, but I would not be running my main machine with a beta.

I don't know where to start at helping you, but if your machine is running slow, start out with computer maintenance, especially getting rid of adware/spyware, getting rid of viruses, defragging, and shutting down as many background processes as possible.

I wan't to thank those that provided some insight in resolving problems with EMC8. After working with this product I have decided to ask for a refund.

Maybe at some later time the product will install cleanly without the numerous problems.

THX

BigByrd

This past weekend I downloaded EMC8 and installed software with the expectation that I would work.

The EMC8 seemed to install without errors, but the Content install returned errors and still is problematic after application of many of the recommendation posted in this forum.

Back to EMC8: The following DON'T WORK and thus are a major concern to me.

The Media Import utility hangs after generating a runtime error pointing to the MediaCenter.exe file.

The Media Manager app throws several errors; first I get an Application error with instruction at '0x601082b' saying that the referenced memory at '0x020bffd8' couldn't be read; after clicking on the error pop-up another error is thrown with similar information but slightly different memory addresses. This app does not hang like the import utility.

PhotoSuite provides me with a new error, that of a JIT win32 exception error, showing that no JIT debugger is installed. This app does not hang.

After reading many of the post in this forum I would hesitate to recommend this product to anyone unless paitience is no problem. Any assistance or comments are invited.

BigByrd :) java script:add_smilie(":huh:","smid_1")

mellow.gif

Does your system exceed the minimum requirements for the software?

I wan't to thank those that provided some insight in resolving problems with EMC8. After working with this product I have decided to ask for a refund.

Maybe at some later time the product will install cleanly without the numerous problems.

THX

BigByrd

You are welcome, and I am sorry that it did not work out for you. :)

Wow! I have never heard of anyone having a 4GHz CPU, before! Internet Explorer Beta 3 should not be a problem, but I would not be running my main machine with a beta.

I don't know where to start at helping you, but if your machine is running slow, start out with computer maintenance, especially getting rid of adware/spyware, getting rid of viruses, defragging, and shutting down as many background processes as possible.

It's a 3 GHz CPU not 4 GHz....must have fat-fingered it. The machine is not running slow and I have considered those option you suggested. Even went as far as installation of individual components and added those apps to the DEP for exclusion.

BigByrd

Does your system exceed the minimum requirements for the software?

Exceed all the requirements.

Dell Dimension 8400:

* Microsoft® Windows XP Home (Service Pack 2 Build 2600)

* For burning music and data discs: 4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4; 1 GB RAM

* 1024x768+ NVIDIA GeForce 6800 w/256MB RAM

* Windows Media Player 10 and Microsoft Internet Exploder 7 Beta 3

All the hard drive space and then some.

That's one of the items I made sure that I could meet, obviously it must be some other problem.

Thanks

BigByrd

Archived