• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cant Hear Audio When Recording Lp From Usb

george n

Question

I am trying to record songs from a Stanton turntable plugged into a USB port. I know Roxio is receiving is sound because the audio bars are moving. I also know my PC sound system is working because I can play CDs and DVDs. However, I can not playback any music while Roxio is recording. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

2 answers to this question

I am trying to record songs from a Stanton turntable plugged into a USB port. I know Roxio is receiving is sound because the audio bars are moving. I also know my PC sound system is working because I can play CDs and DVDs. However, I can not playback any music while Roxio is recording. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Does that version have a built in amp? Is USB the only choice? Is the USB port on the back of your computer? Laptop or desk top? What operating system are you using? What audio card? This is the most important question.

Some audio chips do not allow you to capture and listen at the same time. If you have a desktop, you should consider a audio card and disable the built in chip. What do you have for default devices for capture and playback in your operating system.

In fact, to shortcut all the potential questions,answer these.

Does Cakewalk work?

Edited by sknis

Capturing and playing back using USB is significantly different then when using your sound card. The capturing program has to route the USB "signal" back to the sound card for you to hear the playback.

You may want to try the software that came with your turntable to do the actual capture, as it is probably "aware" of the USB input, and how to route it to the sound card, just as the Roxio software is when doing audio capture through their USB capture device. Once you've captured the audio using the software that came with your turntable, you can do your post-processing using Roxio's software.

Hope that helps.