• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Jvc Hd Compatibility Problems

wise old owl

Question

Very frustrating, The program does not recognize MPEG2 or AVI files right from the camcorder. I just purchased the GZ-MG750 HD Camcorder and there isn't a single piece of editing software to work with that will recognize the raw clips, Microsoft Player will play the files... So what do I do now?

4 answers to this question

Very frustrating, The program does not recognize MPEG2 or AVI files right from the camcorder. I just purchased the GZ-MG750 HD Camcorder and there isn't a single piece of editing software to work with that will recognize the raw clips, Microsoft Player will play the files... So what do I do now?

From what I see, that camcorder is a standard definition hard drive camcorder. Did you connect the camcorder to your computer via USB and then copy the files to your computer? Have you tried using the software that came with the camera? If you go to the JVC site, it sort of indicates that you have to install their software. Are you sure that they are standard mpg2. I can't find that the recording mode is AVI. How do you know?

JVC doesn't have a lot of information on that camcorder so it is hard to answer what format the camcorder records at. Also JVC does like to comply with the standards and likes to throw in a few little tweaks that requires the built in software to edit or output. Can you output the video to another video format using the supplied software?

Yes I installed the "JUNK" came with camera disk, it can soft edit a scene, but doesn't allow for real editing. The sofware is more for logging and sorting.

So I have tried vidowave and others and they wont access the raw recordings, although they are tagged Mpeg2 they won't work as mpeg2 - I discovered while burning them to disk. The camera "first converts" the images from memory before moving them to DVD. Then it burns the DVD. I cannot get the converters to sync either, - there has to be a solution to this.

Found this on CNET

DISADVANTAGES

Need for separate hard drive or DVD burning for archiving

Unpredictable recording times with variable bit rate

Less support by advanced video-editing and video-effects software than for DV format

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/jvc-everio-gz-mg750/4505-6500_7-33949109.html#ixzz1InFkP8BR

Found this on CNET

DISADVANTAGES

Need for separate hard drive or DVD burning for archiving

Unpredictable recording times with variable bit rate

Less support by advanced video-editing and video-effects software than for DV format

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/jvc-everio-gz-mg750/4505-6500_7-33949109.html#ixzz1InFkP8BR

So can you return the camcorder and get a different one? :rolleyes:

It sounds like the junk software can get the videos off the camera. Without doing any editing, can you export the videos to another format (AVI/mov/DV/other)? If so, you may be able to then edit in Video Wave.

If that software cannot export to a standard mpg2 file, using a different third party converter might work. Try downloading one of the free converters from cnet.com and using that to convert the JVC mpg2 files to a standard mpg format or one of the others that EMC 10 should accept (link). I like to use "Any Video Converter" but another one might suit you better.

Edited by sknis