• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Earlier Label Creator Files Won't Open in EMC 10.1

poorboy

Question

5 answers to this question

That's correct.

When you move from EMC version 10 to EMC version 10.1 the label creator is radically changed, and .JWL files from version 10 or earlier can't be used any more.

Roxio has never been big on backward compatibility, but this one is a big gulf. :(

So everytime you update you lose all the previous work you have done? That is unacceptable. Way too many hours of work to lose. If that is the case I am going to have to find a different software program. If I have to re-do all the work over, I will not risk losing it again due to software problems.I can't believe this. There is no fix?

If this is the case, more people need to know before they buy into this software.

Man this makes me mad. TOns of work to lose!

Edited by poorboy

So everytime you update you lose all the previous work you have done? That is unacceptable. Way too many hours of work to lose. If that is the case I am going to have to find a different software program. If I have to re-do all the work over, I will not risk losing it again due to software problems.I can't believe this. There is no fix?

If this is the case, more people need to know before they buy into this software.

Man this makes me mad. TOns of work to lose!

You're preaching to the choir, but you should be angry. It is unacceptable.

You're preaching to the choir, but you should be angry. It is unacceptable.

Brendon & Grandpa Bruce,

I sure do appreciate your comments. I do feel some relief at knowing where I stand with this issue.

But that being said I am mad. This is unacceptable. I have never heard of such a thing.

If you update our software, you lose all the work you had saved?

I assume I could revert back to the original EMC10 but at some point down the road I would have the same issue.

That is insane!

Where are the Roxio folks?

I know that I am going to sound petty but, as an Indie musician I have spent tons of time using Roxio software to design, mix, burn, and print my CD's.

And now all that work is locked up and potentially lost?

And I have to start over?

If that is the case, why would I start over with Roxio knowing that at some point in the future I would be dealing with this loss again?

I just can't believe this is right.

Poorboy,

Yes, if you uninstalled EMC 10.1 you could reinstall 10.0 again and all would be well with your earlier .Jwl label files, however you would be without the benefits that 10.1 was supposed to bring.

I'm sorry, but I can't give you certainty. From my tests the .JWL files produced by EMC 10.1, Creator 2009, Creator 2010, and Creator 2011 all seem to be interchangeable - indicating that Label Creator hasn't changed much over those versions - however that's no guarantee that the next version will be the same. Ownership of the Company has recently changed, and who knows what vision the new owners have?

And if you move to another Brand, what's to stop the same thing happening there? :huh: