• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Annoying Ad Tacked On

GigiKay

Question

Hi, Everyone

This is my first post here and I'm sorry that it might sound a little irritated.

How do you prevent the software from burning an ad on the DVD? I don't want to see the add for the software at the end of my videos! More importantly, I am helping teachers to complete their national boards work and they aren't allowed to have anything at all on their DVDs except their course work. FlipShare has a button that asks if you want to have a FlipShare announcement on your video and the Roxio software allows you to elimnate menus. But how do you make it not burn the ad?!!

Thank you to anyone who can point me into the correct menu to disable that or tell me how to take it out.

Thanks!

Gigi

eta: corrected spelling of "ad"

Edited by GigiKay

8 answers to this question

Hi, Everyone

This is my first post here and I'm sorry that it might sound a little irritated.

How do you prevent the software from burning an ad on the DVD? I don't want to see the add for the software at the end of my videos! More importantly, I am helping teachers to complete their national boards work and they aren't allowed to have anything at all on their DVDs except their course work. FlipShare has a button that asks if you want to have a FlipShare announcement on your video and the Roxio software allows you to elimnate menus. But how do you make it not burn the ad?!!

Thank you to anyone who can point me into the correct menu to disable that or tell me how to take it out.

Thanks!

Gigi

What ad are you talking about and what application are you using? A screen shot of the ad would be nice.

Hi, Everyone

Thanks!

Gigi

I have been using different versions of the Roxio software for over 7 years, and I have never had any ad burned on my DVDs or CDs.

Thanks for the replies. Here's the screen shot. It is in a video burned to the disc numbered just following the video that I need and plays immediately following the actual video. So, since no one else has had this happen, is it the DVD burner itself do you think? I'll check the burner software and see if there is a setting that I can undo.

CyberLing.gif

Gigi

Thanks for the replies. Here's the screen shot. It is in a video burned to the disc numbered just following the video that I need and plays immediately following the actual video. So, since no one else has had this happen, is it the DVD burner itself do you think? I'll check the burner software and see if there is a setting that I can undo.

CyberLing.gif

Gigi

That is an ad for CyberLinks PowerDVD and has nothing to do with Roxio.

What program from C2011 did you use to burn the DVD?

Gigi

You used CyberLink software to burn your DVD, not Roxio! :blink:

Edited by grandpabruce

This is the path the video opens in

Roxio Creator 10 Pro => Roxio VideoWave => My DVD

And then I click the Flame to burn.

When I take the discs out (doesn't matter what brand) this ad is on the DVD.

Since this is 10 instead of 11, a moderator can move this thread to 10 if needed.

Gigi

This is the path the video opens in

Roxio Creator 10 Pro => Roxio VideoWave => My DVD

And then I click the Flame to burn.

When I take the discs out (doesn't matter what brand) this ad is on the DVD.

Since this is 10 instead of 11, a moderator can move this thread to 10 if needed.

Gigi

Where did the video originate? There is no way that a video, burne with Roxio software, would add an ad for CyberLink.