Why Is Backup Mypc Not Listed As A Roxio Product

Cam.

Please, can someone help me?

On 9 April 2011 I purchased v7 after using v4.35 since "Adam was a lad".

Unfortunately the program will not backup!!!

I am using XP Pro (fully updated etc)

I have the report file available if needed.

Many thanks in advance.

Cam

Perhaps that's because it is Orlogix software.

Go to their site if you need support for it.

Hi Brendon,

It would appear that Backup MyPV v7 deluxe is now part of the Roxio suite according to when I start the program and when I do a help-about.

This is the link I get when I go to the Support from the Help tab: http://www.roxio.com/eng/support/

Thanks

Cam

Hello Cam,

This is very confusing. Please forgive me if my attempt to point you in the right direction has made it even worse.

I'll try to find out what the story is, and get back to you here.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello Cam,

This is very confusing. Please forgive me if my attempt to point you in the right direction has made it even worse.

I'll try to find out what the story is, and get back to you here.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon

Many thanks!

I purchased the profram from the Orlogix site, but the download file name contains the name Roxio!

Cam

Hi Cam,

I have a query in to find out what's up, but without seeing the answer I think that Roxio may have sold Backup MyPC to Orlogix. There seems to be a bit of trading things back and forth in the industry.

If that's so, it seems that the Support URL wasn't updated when the software was re-branded. Orlogix seem all tooled-up to provide support, so I'd suggest you go to their support page and avail yourself of it.

If I get different information from my query I'll post it here for your information and for anyone else who needs it.

Go well,

Brendon

Hi Cam,

I have a query in to find out what's up, but without seeing the answer I think that Roxio may have sold Backup MyPC to Orlogix. There seems to be a bit of trading things back and forth in the industry.

If that's so, it seems that the Support URL wasn't updated when the software was re-branded. Orlogix seem all tooled-up to provide support, so I'd suggest you go to their support page and avail yourself of it.

If I get different information from my query I'll post it here for your information and for anyone else who needs it.

Go well,

Brendon

Hi Brendon

I have used Backup MyPC for many years (10+) and the program was Orlogix (IIRCC the program, initially, was a Seagate product).

Are you saying that Orlogix sold the program to Roxio who has no has now re-sold the product back to Orlogix?

Many thanks for your input.

On my PC, v7 seems to be a hit and miss job as to whether or not it chooses to backup the entire chosen files!!! I may have to re-load v4.35!!!

Cam

• 3 months later...

I have received an email containing this: -

Cam.,

GhostRider2012 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Why Is Backup Mypc Not Listed As A Roxio Product".

The topic can be found here:

http://forums.suppor...view=getnewpost

Why can't I see ghostrider2012 reply????

Ghost Rider is pretty close to being a spammer. There was nothing in the reply except for "I can't get my back-up" with no other information. Someone has blocked that message. You are not missing anything. The owners of this site are looking at the veracity of this poster' responses.

Did you need more than the previous answers you got from Brendon?

Edited by sknis

Cam,

I never did get a reply to my query.

I think it may well be that Roxio licensed the program from Orlogix for a while, and the licensing arrangement has now lapsed. That would explain Orlogix resuming distribution and support of the program.

Regards,

Brendon

Ghost Rider is pretty close to being a spammer. There was nothing in the reply except for "I can't get my back-up" with no other information. Someone has blocked that message. You are not missing anything. The owners of this site are looking at the veracity of this poster' responses.

Did you need more than the previous answers you got from Brendon?

Err, yes! If you read the thread, you will see that Brendon has made an enquiry re my initial post. I was merely waiting for a reply.

Cam

Cam,

I never did get a reply to my query.

I think it may well be that Roxio licensed the program from Orlogix for a while, and the licensing arrangement has now lapsed. That would explain Orlogix resuming distribution and support of the program.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon

Many sincere thanks for your effort.

I am still in communication with 'support' re my problem. I have given them my opinion re the quality of said matter!!!

Are you saying/suggesting that the program will now be licensed only by Orlogix, i.e. that updates to the program will cause no further references to Roxio?

Cam

Are you saying/suggesting that the program will now be licensed only by Orlogix, i.e. that updates to the program will cause no further references to Roxio?

Hi Cam,

In the absence of a reply from Roxio all I've been able to do is guess at what the situation might be.

My best guess at this point is that Roxio has moved right away from BackUp MyPC,and is now concentrating on BackOnTrack.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Cam,

In the absence of a reply from Roxio all I've been able to do is guess at what the situation might be.

My best guess at this point is that Roxio has moved right away from BackUp MyPC,and is now concentrating on BackOnTrack.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon

Many thanks for your reply.

Please will you give me any information you have regarding BackOnTrack?

Cam

Cam,

BackOnTrack is a backup system that Roxio acquired some time ago. It is included as part of the latest Creator suites.

Various versions of it do different things. The version in Creator 2011 is version 13. I don't use it myself so have very limited knowledge of it.

There is a forum on this board for BackOnTrack. You can find it via the main index, or by clicking THIS LINK.

Browse the forum - it will tell you much more than I can. :)

Cheers,

Brendon