Toast 10.0.8 Stops (Multiplexing And All) At Second Marker

Herb K.

Question

Just today my Toast 10.0.8 (Mac) suddenly stopped working at the second marker (usually first commercial break).

•  
  • Multiplexing jumps from about 30% to full,
  • burning is very fast (no data, but disk is full anyway),
  • Lead-in and Lead-out take very long
  • and it does happen only with some movies (yet to figure out which and which not)

With some movies it's even before the second marker, at about 90 seconds.

Strange thing: it worked till yesterday and there seems to be no change in the program (time machine reckons it unchanged since an update just after install two month ago), setting toast back to the earliest version didn't change anything.

Somebody experienced anything like this or a hint what is going on here?

3 answers to this question

How was the video edited? Was it with the Toast Video Player? If so I've experienced the same thing since at least Toast 10.0.7. What I resorted to was using MPEG Streamclip to do the editing.

Thanks for this quick response - I think you're right: Yes, it was edited with the Toast Video Player. I have no idea how those two are interconnected - so I only set back Toast Titanium and NOT the Player! That didn't change a thing - so I installed the Update to 10.0.8 again and this seems to have fixed it!

I think I'll keep the update at hand...

Thanks tsantee!

Thanks for this quick response - I think you're right: Yes, it was edited with the Toast Video Player. I have no idea how those two are interconnected - so I only set back Toast Titanium and NOT the Player! That didn't change a thing - so I installed the Update to 10.0.8 again and this seems to have fixed it!

I think I'll keep the update at hand...

Thanks tsantee!

There's no way to open this topic again it seems...

Ok, in short: Toast Video Player sets markers, Toast Titanium stops processing data at second marker. Re-Installing 10.0.8 helps - but sometimes only for one video, then it's bugged again.

tsantee mentioned MPEG Streamclip for editing, but this doesn't work with mpeg_ts.

Some ideas? Except for upgrading - im not inclined to pay nearly the same price for an upgrade which (maybe) fixes a bug. :angry2: