Roxio Can't See Mts Files On My Computer

FloridaDave

Question

I have a Panasonic SD600 and recorded in HA mode (pretty sure this is 1080i). I have taken the SDHC card out of camera, put into card reader and used windows explorer to copy all the files and folders onto my hard drive. Using Roxio Creator 9 to try and make a DVD. I open the program, choose "New Project". Browse to folder and subfolders where the MTS files are (in stream folder). I have in roxio selected "all files" which includes in it's list mts. However I don't see any files there. It is not recognizing them to select. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I have a Panasonic SD600 and recorded in HA mode (pretty sure this is 1080i). I have taken the SDHC card out of camera, put into card reader and used windows explorer to copy all the files and folders onto my hard drive. Using Roxio Creator 9 to try and make a DVD. I open the program, choose "New Project". Browse to folder and subfolders where the MTS files are (in stream folder). I have in roxio selected "all files" which includes in it's list mts. However I don't see any files there. It is not recognizing them to select. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I don't have Easy Media Creator 9 installed but if you could post a small file at a download site someone could test it.

http://www.upfordown.com/

I have in roxio selected "all files" which includes in it's list mts. However I don't see any files there. It is not recognizing them to select. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave,

What extension do these files have? Are they *.mts files?

If you go back to MyDVD and Videowave, you'll find that while they'll accept many files with similar extensions, they don't include *.MTS.

MyDVD 9

post-208-055689000 1302642597.jpg

Videowave 9

post-208-065167900 1302642635.jpg

We had this discussion with a user of EMC 10 HERE back in August last year and couldn't find a solution with that software [which is newer than yours]

You could try renaming the extension on one of your files to match a type which is accepted, but I think if that would work we would have heard of the workaround before now - I'm sorry.

Brendon