Roxio Nero conflicts disable some Roxio Sonic files?

directjj

Question

Nero Support had me run their Driver-CleanTool.exe which I ran but did not allow to disable anything and suggested when I DO disable I followup with their RegistryChecker.exe.

This was in response to my request because I almost lost some data with Nero InCD.

I like Nero products but own Roxio 7.5 installed on one of my PC’s and I have the old Roxio ECDC 5.0 Jewel Case Creator Software installed on both. I prefer it over anything including your new Jewel Case Creator which is more limited.

Nero Driver-CleanTool.exe found the following files it suggest I disable on both my PC's.

I want to know which Roxio, Sonic apps are involved.

Do you know which apps use these files?

On my Notebook I have Roxio 7.5 installed. I do not on my Desktop. Sonic aquired Roxio. My HP PC came standard with some Sonic App's which I don't use at all or very often.

I also have ONLY the Jewel Case Creation Software from Roxio 5 on both my PC's and can't live without it. Niether the Nero Jewel Case Insert Software, nor the newer 7.5 Roxio stuff meets my needs.

Name Type

Size In Folder

=========================================================

cdral.dll Application Extension 3/8/2005 9:14 PM

80 KB C:\WINDOWS\system32

Sonic Solutions

cdral.dll File Version 7.5.0.47

---------------------------------------------------------

cdral.dll Application Extension 1/2/2001 1:00 AM

44 KB C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\System

Roxio

cdral.dll File Version 1.00 (1038)

cdralw2k.sys System file 5/19/2006 5:16 PM

3 KB C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Sonic:

CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

File Version 8.0.0.212

cdr4_xp.sys System file 5/19/2006 5:16 PM

3 KB C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Sonic:

CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

File Version 8.0.0.212

Thanks for your help.

9 answers to this question

It was a Best Buy New Years Days special Bruce. The cheapest I have seen since is $39.95.

cdanteek

Well, if I ever get down to a Best Buy, in the near future, I may pick it up, just to try it. The biggest problem is, the nearest Best buy is 75-80 miles from here. :)

Packet writing software such as Drag to Disc from Roxio. InCD from Nero and DLA from Sonic cannot exist together

This I know and Roxio DragToDisc is not installed (not anymore anyhow) on either PC.

Some Sonic Stuff came with both my HP PC's. DLA? Is an acronynm I am not familiar with.

Thing is I am not sure which Roxio or Sonic programs use these files. Nero found the same files on both PC's. Roxio 7.5 is not installed on my desktop.

Ironically Control Panel on the Desktop shows more Sonic entries (no Roxio entries).

Sonic Encoders

Sonic Express Labeler

Sonic MyDVD Plus

Sonic RecordNow Audio

Sonic RecordNow Copy

Sonic RecordNow Data

Sonic Update Manager

I figure I will enver use

Sonic RecordNow Audio

Sonic RecordNow Copy

On the Notebook which does have Roxio 7.5 installed Control Panel shows

Record Now (Sonic?)

Roxio 7.5

Sonic Updater Manager

There is no store bought Sonic stuff on either PC. Just what came from HP. Note how current Apple MAC advertising campaign against IBM PC talks about free stuff installed on PC's as a negative, requiring uninstall. I got it for free, therefore I have no idea what it is and whether or not I would like to keep it.

If I do any upgrading it will be from Nero 6 to Nero 7. I don't see myself upgrading Roxio 7.5 to Roxio 8. The think I like best about Roxio is the 5.0 Jewel Case Creator which I can't live without.

Roxio Nero conflicts disable some Roxio Sonic files?

I have Roxio 7.5 and Nero 7 Ultra on a machine and they live in harmony, just fine! Leave the D2D and INCD packet writing software on the disc not your machine.

If I do any upgrading it will be from Nero 6 to Nero 7.

I only bought Nero 7 Ultra because it was on sale with rebates $19.99.

Nero 6 is just fine, and I still have it on another machine.

cdanteek

I have Roxio 7.5 and Nero 7 Ultra on a machine and they live in harmony, just fine! Leave the D2D and INCD packet writing software on the disc not your machine.

I only bought Nero 7 Ultra because it was on sale with rebates $19.99.

Nero 6 is just fine, and I still have it on another machine.

cdanteek

I still use Nero 6, once in awhile, but never found the need to purchase Nero 7 Ultra. If I can get it for $19.95, I will think about it. :)

Packet writing software such as Drag to Disc from Roxio. InCD from Nero and DLA from Sonica cannot exist together...only 1 version can. However, it is the opinion of many who help here that any of these programs are not worth using and are not reliable.

So, make sure you only have 1 of these installed on your system. I'm not sure what the older versions of Sonic and Nero's packet programs were called but they all work basically the same.

Archived