• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2010 Copy & Create Crashes Using The .vcpf File

raycool

Question

in Roxie creator 2010 - Copy and Create crashes when trying to burn a DVD using the .vcpf file. has anyone got any solutions. Roxie has been non responsive like with the copy & create Options screen which also crashes. i understand that roxie was bought by another company.

In Roxie Creator 2010 there is no Copy and Create application...

More details please?

yes it has - I am using it - I have the creator 2010 and i have used copy & create - & it crashes when I burn a DVD with the .vcpf (compilation) file

yes it has - I am using it - I have the creator 2010 and i have used copy & create - & it crashes when I burn a DVD with the .vcpf (compilation) file

There is no Copy & Create! What you are talking about is Copy&Convert. There is also no Creator 10 as you specified in your subject line.

It helps if you use the correct names for programs, options etc.

are you thinking about MYDVD10 ?? - which i also have- this does not have a copy & convert - but creator 2010 does.

Relax, what software are you using and what application are you doing what in?

You have to use the proper names or we don't have a clue what your talking about!

We had this dialog back in Feb 2011....you had it wrong back then.

We had this dialog back in Feb 2011....you had it wrong back then.

yes i have been trying to get this solved since january - i did not have it wrong copy & convert is in creator 2010 -

There is no Copy & Create! What you are talking about is Copy&Convert. There is also no Creator 10 as you specified in your subject line.

It helps if you use the correct names for programs, options etc.

you got me there -- sorry - i have been doing this so long i think people can read my mind - yes copy & convert is the problem

here is a PDF copy of the Copy & Convert screen that crashes - see attachment - i tried to send it as a .docx file but that don't send

Why not add the image as an attachment to your post? A lot simpler then fooling around with pdf or other files. So exactly what happens after you click Burn? You really are not supplying much information.

Have you tried to use myDVD to create the DVD? Where did those video files come from? In what format are they?

Edited by myguggi

Why not add the image as an attachment to your post? A lot simpler then fooling around with pdf or other files. So exactly what happens after you click Burn? You really are not supplying much information.

Have you tried to use myDVD to create the DVD? Where did those video files come from? In what format are they?

i have used MYDVD 10 and it worked fine - it is now uninstalled because of creator 2010 is installedsee -- attatchment copy & convert crashes

the files are all created in roxie creator 2010

1. input .mts file (canon HD)

2. saved as a .dmsd (roxie creator 2010 project file)

3. saved as an .iso - for combining movies later - taken at different times

4. converted to .vcfp (compilation) combining iso files - which i tried to burn and copy & convert crashed

it's sound complicated but it isn't - i took movies at 3 different times of the year and i want to combine them on 1 DVD (family gatherings)

what else do you need to know???

copy & create burn stopped working.pdf

Edited by raycool

i have used MYDVD 10 and it worked fine - it is now uninstalled because of creator 2010 is installedsee -- attatchment copy & convert crashes

If you had your McAfee, while you were using the software, that could be the cause of your problem. Try disabling McAfee, before you use Copy and Convert.

Edited by grandpabruce

If you had your McAfee, while you were using the software, that could be the cause of your problem. Try disabling McAfee, before you use Copy and Convert.

i do have mcAfee - i turned it off and still have the crash problem - thanks - anything else??

the files are all created in roxie creator 2010

1. input .mts file (canon HD)

2. saved as a .dmsd (roxie creator 2010 project file)

3. saved as an .iso - for combining movies later - taken at different times

4. converted to .vcfp (compilation) combining iso files - which i tried to burn and copy & convert crashed

it's sound complicated but it isn't - i took movies at 3 different times of the year and i want to combine them on 1 DVD (family gatherings)

what else do you need to know???

Are you using the Options at any point? That may cause your crash since I believe there is a bug in that feature.

Why don't you simply use myDVD to burn your DVD with the 3 videos instead of fooling around with Video Copy & Convert? You are making it too complicated with using iso files and VCC. You are doing a lot of unecessary steps and work

you are correct that mydvd works fine - the problems is I have 3-4 or more separate movies filmed and edited at different times of the year.

You cannot combine .dmsd (my DVD) or .dmsm (videowave) files. to use this part of the software you have to edit all movies at th same time and together and that would be a lot of MB or even GB.

3 -4 -5 family gathering movies together in mydvd, I think would be to large to put on a 4.GB DVD.

That is what I am using ISO files for, combing edited movies, at a later date when I have enough for a DVD.

I hope this clears up some questions. Roxie instructions state you can do this BUT IT DOESN'T WORK. it crashes in Copy & Convert, which is the software you must use to combine edited files.

copy & create burn stopped working.pdf

you are correct that mydvd works fine - the problems is I have 3-4 or more separate movies filmed and edited at different times of the year.

You cannot combine .dmsd (my DVD) or .dmsm (videowave) files. to use this part of the software you have to edit all movies at th same time and together and that would be a lot of MB or even GB.

3 -4 -5 family gathering movies together in mydvd, I think would be to large to put on a 4.GB DVD.

That is what I am using ISO files for, combing edited movies, at a later date when I have enough for a DVD.

I hope this clears up some questions. Roxie instructions state you can do this BUT IT DOESN'T WORK. it crashes in Copy & Convert, which is the software you must use to combine edited files.

Forget about file sizes when creating a video DVD, i is the time length of your project that matters. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

There really is no reason to create any iso files. Simply use Videowave you edit the source videos and the Output (export) to DVD mpeg, best quality videos. Later when you have enough videos, you then use myDVD to add the videos as one continuous video or add each video as a separate title.

You do not have to use VCC to combine videos, Videowave and myDVD easily do this.

Forget about file sizes when creating a video DVD, i is the time length of your project that matters. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

There really is no reason to create any iso files. Simply use Videowave you edit the source videos and the Output (export) to DVD mpeg, best quality videos. Later when you have enough videos, you then use myDVD to add the videos as one continuous video or add each video as a separate title.

You do not have to use VCC to combine videos, Videowave and myDVD easily do this.

thanks for the suggestion - this could work - i will test it and see if it does what I want - thanks again. do you know why export is not available in MYDVD and is available in VIDEOWAVE. What turns it on in MYDVD? I see it in MYDVD>file (not highlighted ) & in MYDVD project settings, but not availble to change (use)

Edited by raycool

thanks for the suggestion - this could work - i will test it and see if it does what I want - thanks again

do you know why export is not available in MYDVD and is available in VIDEOWAVE. What turns it on in MYDVD? I see it in MYDVD>file (not highlighted ) & in MYDVD project settings, but not availble to change (use)