Hd Video File Capture And Edit

Steve Irish

Question

I bought a JVC HD video camera. It stores files in .mts format on its internal SD card. It comes with a backup program called Everio that backs up files and allows me to output them as file type .mbt. Does Easy Media Creator video editor or video capture support any of this? If so, what do I need to do to get these HD video files to work with Roxio EMC 10. Roxio 2011 support them?

1 answer to this question

An MBT file extension is only going to work in that particular program and NOTHING else!!!

It is proprietary file, so nothing else will touch it. The advantage would be, assuming it is somehow more compressed, would be as a backup storage :mellow:

Of course your mts files are standard fare, so you can edit them in any of the Creator 20xx versions

On the other hand, EMC 10 is probably too far back… I don’t recall but my notes indicate it did not do Blu-ray disc, hence no need to work with HD files.

By the way, this Forum is for Creator 2011, not EMC 10. EMC 10 is under the Legacy Product forums... ;)

If your output will be DVD (SD) quality and you are not interested in HD for now, you could use a 3rd party converter to change your mts files into mpg...