bdiament

Custom Dvd Menus - Where?

Question

I've created a custom DVD menu I've used for music DVDs with Toast 10 but I don't see it when I look in the Toast 11 menu.

In Toast 10 the custom menu was in ~/Library/Applications Support/Roxio/Toast DVD Menu Styles.

Where do I need to place a copy for Toast 11 to "see" it?

Thanks for any help with this.

Best regards,

Barry

www.soundkeeperrecordings.com

www.barrydiamentaudio.com

8 answers to this question

Toast 11 looks to a different folder than Toast 10 for menus. It is root>Library>Application Support>Roxio>Toast Menu Styles . The Toast 11 installer creates this folder and places all but one of the menu styles in that location.

• Like 1

Hi tsantee,

Once again, as you have many times before, you've helped me with Toast.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, which menu is *not* stored here and where is it stored?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Barry

Hi tsantee,

Once again, as you have many times before, you've helped me with Toast.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, which menu is *not* stored here and where is it stored?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Barry

The Splash menu is inside the Toast package itself.

The Splash menu is inside the Toast package itself.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Barry

I am having the same problem getting toast 11 seeing my custom menu, have you gotten your version to recognize your file? if so, can you please tell me the steps you took to achieve that?

thanks.

I am having the same problem getting toast 11 seeing my custom menu, have you gotten your version to recognize your file? if so, can you please tell me the steps you took to achieve that?

thanks.

You may be experiencing a permissions issue. Select the Toast Menu Styles folder in the Library>Application Support>Roxio folder and choose Get Info. Look at the permissions. If they aren't Read & Write click the padlock and change them. Click the gear and choose Apply to all enclosed items. They should be seen after doing this. If it still doesn't work, download the Toast 11.0.2 update from Roxio's software updates page and run the installer to replace the Toast 11 Titanium folder and the menu styles folder. After doing this you'll be alerted to update to Toast 11.0.3 when you launch Toast 11.0.2 for the first time.

You may be experiencing a permissions issue. Select the Toast Menu Styles folder in the Library>Application Support>Roxio folder and choose Get Info. Look at the permissions. If they aren't Read & Write click the padlock and change them. Click the gear and choose Apply to all enclosed items. They should be seen after doing this. If it still doesn't work, download the Toast 11.0.2 update from Roxio's software updates page and run the installer to replace the Toast 11 Titanium folder and the menu styles folder. After doing this you'll be alerted to update to Toast 11.0.3 when you launch Toast 11.0.2 for the first time.

Dear tsantee

Neither solutions seemed to work for me. I still can not get my menus to show up in Toast Titanium.

currently working with Toast 11.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.5.8

Dear tsantee

Neither solutions seemed to work for me. I still can not get my menus to show up in Toast Titanium.

currently working with Toast 11.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.5.8

I'm going to walk through this just to make absolutely certain there are no menu styles available to you. With DVD video selected as the format in the Video window and Options selected in the upper right part of the Toast window click Customize. Now click the Menus tab in the window that appears. When you click the button that appears under Menu Styles does anything pop up? Is Aspect Ratio set to "Automatic"?

If there are no menu styles the only troubleshooting step I haven't suggested is to trash the Toast plist and prefs files in the User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.