Can't Install Blu-Ray Plugin For Roxio 2011 Pro

maintken

Question

I was having some burn issues with my software and tech support indicated it was due to this plugin (RoxioHigh-DefBlu-RayDisk-Plugin_j603CXD0FUL) being missing, even though the software clearly states prior to downloading and purchase it's included in the 2011 Pro version, apparently there are some addiitonal features that are needed in this Accessorie plugin to properly burn in all possible formats, Blu-Ray, AVCHD, 3D etc., so I went ahead and purchased it (it should have been included, this company needs to get a clue about customer service and support) Anyway, after my download, I get the following error message "set up cannot find a valid version of this software upgrade" and the install crashes. I have turned off my virus protection.

Any assisatance will be appriciated.

I'm running Windows 7 and Roxio 2011 Pro w\SP-1 on a: Systemax 64 bit, Intel iCore5 650 3.2GHz based system w/8gb RAM on ATI Radeon 5700

Frustrated

Ken

Edited by maintken

1 answer to this question

I was having some burn issues with my software and tech support indicated it was due to this plugin (RoxioHigh-DefBlu-RayDisk-Plugin_j603CXD0FUL) being missing, even though the software clearly states prior to downloading and purchase it's included in the 2011 Pro version, apparently there are some addiitonal features that are needed in this Accessorie plugin to properly burn in all possible formats, Blu-Ray, AVCHD, 3D etc., so I went ahead and purchased it (it should have been included, this company needs to get a clue about customer service and support) Anyway, after my download, I get the following error message "set up cannot find a valid version of this software upgrade" and the install crashes. I have turned off my virus protection.

Any assisatance will be appriciated.

I'm running Windows 7 and Roxio 2011 Pro w\SP-1 on a: Systemax 64 bit, Intel iCore5 650 3.2GHz based system w/8gb RAM on ATI Radeon 5700

Frustrated

Ken

Yes, there is a blu-ray plug in to convert CinePlayer to CinePlayer BD . It would not have any effect on burning. Do you want to play blu-ray discs on your computer? Perhaps that is what the tech thought if you told the tech that you couldn't play the discs on your computer..

Update your computer using these instructions (link), follow them carefully. Turn off your anti-virus (having it on during installation causess problems like you are seeing), insert the original program disc in your computer and select to repair/reinstall when the options come up. If you want the option to play the discs on your computer, then install the CinePlayer upgrade.