• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2011 Installation Issue

martin_ont

Question

Hi all:

When I couldn't install Roxio Creator 2011 Pro in a clean install (new harddrive, fresh Windows 7 installtion, no previous version of Roxio produts) I browsed the various Costumer Support suggestions and threads. Nothing helped. Customer Support wasn't very helpful either. The various ideas (turning off virus protection, firewalls, running all kinds of driver upgrades, etc.) all seemed a bit exagerated and "helpless" (as in: not narrowing on a specific problem).

I finally succeeded though, and it was a very small detail that I missed because I am new to Windows 7 (coming from XP).

Here is what worked for me:

1) I copied the content of the whole installation DVD onto a directory of the main harddrive (drive you boot from, usually C:),

2) I unchecked the compatibilty option on the "setup.exe" file (i.e. NO running the file in Vista compatibility),

3) I CLICKED ON "CHANGE SETTINGS FOR ALL USERS" (this is the step I missed being still ignorant about some new Windows 7 features!),

4) running the installation NOT from the DVD but from the directory on the harddrive.

Good luck all you other frustrated buyers! - And, I agree, Roxio has a serious problem. To Customer Service I compared it to selling a new car which the buyer can't even start... I believe they just shipped flawed installation DVDs.

martin_ont

1 answer to this question

I've never had this problem on 4 desktops and 2 laptops all running different versions of W7. However, it's always a good idea to shut down virus programs and especially, internet security programs for all software installs. Some my prompt you to do so and others will not. Also, W7 UAC can cause install problems and it's a good idea to shut that down as well.

Either way, you found a way and your info may be helpful to other users. Thanks for taking the time to post this info.