• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Runtime Error

Hendy

Question

Creator 2011, whenever VideoWave13.exe is called by the main program the system freezes with the following message:

" Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information "

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times using the "clean install" suggested in the knowledge base.

computer: NEW Dell Inspiron N5110 . . .Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)w service pack 1 . . .Processor Intel 2.30 Gigahertz Core i5-2401M . . . .

4000 megabytes memory . . . 500 gigabyte hard drive

Roxio chat was NO help . . . .E mail support NO Help

Tech Support No 877-793-7471 only gets me some telephone conference center in Atlanta.

ANY GOOD TECH SUPPORT OUT THERE??????????????????

4 answers to this question

Creator 2011, whenever VideoWave13.exe is called by the main program the system freezes with the following message:

" Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information "

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times using the "clean install" suggested in the knowledge base.

computer: NEW Dell Inspiron N5110 . . .Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)w service pack 1 . . .Processor Intel 2.30 Gigahertz Core i5-2401M . . . .

4000 megabytes memory . . . 500 gigabyte hard drive

Roxio chat was NO help . . . .E mail support NO Help

Tech Support No 877-793-7471 only gets me some telephone conference center in Atlanta.

ANY GOOD TECH SUPPORT OUT THERE??????????????????

If you are looking for tech support, you came to the wrong place ! If you are asking for help from other users, then perhaps we can.

Even though your computer is "new" there may be items that are out of date. Do this first and don't skip any steps.

Turn off your anti-virus, put the program disc back into your computer and select to repair or reinstall when the options show up.

This type of issue arises when the program is installed when an anti-virus is active since it prevents items to be put into the registry correctly. Note: If you are using and anti-virus with a registry cleaner, set it to ignore Roxio and Sonic registry items or you will have problems again.

Thanks . . . I have done all the things you have suggested all to no avail. all MS updates installed, latest DirectX update, latest Media player update, and all Dell provided drivers up to date. Crazy thing is that I also have a new Dell Desktop XPS 8300 with essentially the same processor + 1 terabyte HD and the program runs fine on that machine!

One thing to keep in mind regarding MS 'updates' is that DirectX 10 and 11 are NOT updates to DirectX 9 - that has to be manually updated from MS. Likewise dotNET 2 and 3 are different to dotNET 1.

It sounds very much as though something has been changed on your computer and messed up the settings (I've seen it happen and the cure is to move all data to backup and re-format and re-install. Drastic I know but I tend to do it every six months or so when the registry starts to groan under the weight of accumulated rubbish