• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trouble Burning Pal As Ntsc

Brian Albers

Question

In the past if I wanted to burn a PAL file (.avi or VOB files or whatever) to NTSC (which is my Preference setting as I am in the US), a warning window would pop up asking me if I was sure that I wanted to convert it before burning. It always worked fine. I've come across some PAL files recently though that when I go to burn them to dvd, Toast doesn't give me that warning anymore, and seemingly ignores the NTSC setting in Preferences, and just burns it as PAL. Any ideas as to why it's not converting? Is there some way I can do it manually before burning? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Make sure you have DVD video as the setting in the Toast Video window. Add the Pal video. If it is in a VIDEO_TS folder place the VIDEO_TS on the desktop and choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on what appears in the window to see the individual titles contained in the VIDEO_TS folder. Drag the titles you want to the main window so Toast will extract them from the VIDEO_TS folder before doing anything else.

Make sure that Never re-encode is not selected in the Custom Encoder settings window.

If all those things are done I don't know why Toast would fail to make the conversion when you click the burn button or choose Save as Disc Image.