Arrr Broken Eye Tv / Toast

GravityCanyon

Question

Let me try and explain, i am using 4 different mac computers networked together each station uses eye tv to record-then eye tv is set to send the recordings to the raid in the main mac. this all worked fine for a long time. Now .. when the eyetv location is set to send recordings on say mac 1 to the main mac (raid) toast media browser shows nothing in that location .. yet when manually searched thorough finder (on the main mac) the recordings can be located??? and the path were it says that the recording is stored is the exact same as should be ???

i know this is worded badly but it is quite hard to explain as i dont think this is a common way to use eyetv/toast

any help would be great!

Thanks Nick

2 answers to this question

I have no way to replicate your setup. All I can think of is the times when earlier versions of Toast would not see newly added content in the media browser without quitting and relaunching Toast. Can you find and add the EyeTV videos using the Data tab in the media browser?

Let me try and explain, i am using 4 different mac computers networked together each station uses eye tv to record-then eye tv is set to send the recordings to the raid in the main mac. this all worked fine for a long time. Now .. when the eyetv location is set to send recordings on say mac 1 to the main mac (raid) toast media browser shows nothing in that location .. yet when manually searched thorough finder (on the main mac) the recordings can be located??? and the path were it says that the recording is stored is the exact same as should be ???

i know this is worded badly but it is quite hard to explain as i dont think this is a common way to use eyetv/toast

any help would be great!

Thanks Nick

Just so I understand: You have your EyeTV library shared via an AFP share, EyeTV sees it but a Mac with that share mounted does not see it in the Toast Media Browser?