• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Auto Motion

diamondgirl

Question

I used to use Roxio 7 to build slide shows, encorporate video, etc. It was very easy to put auto motion on a photo to give it life. Zoom, pan, etc. I'm now using version 8 and trying to do the same thing. According to "Ask Roxio" (which is pretty much no help), I should do what I did in version 7 and that's right click on the photo and then choose auto motion and keep doing it until I get the motion I prefer. Well in version 8, it doesn't matter how many times I right click and choose auto motion, I get no motion on any of my photos. It's a relatively easy thing to do, so I'm not sure if some "internal setting" is wrong or what? I need a guru from this site to help me! :)

16 answers to this question

I used to use Roxio 7 to build slide shows, encorporate video, etc. It was very easy to put auto motion on a photo to give it life. Zoom, pan, etc. I'm now using version 8 and trying to do the same thing. According to "Ask Roxio" (which is pretty much no help), I should do what I did in version 7 and that's right click on the photo and then choose auto motion and keep doing it until I get the motion I prefer. Well in version 8, it doesn't matter how many times I right click and choose auto motion, I get no motion on any of my photos. It's a relatively easy thing to do, so I'm not sure if some "internal setting" is wrong or what? I need a guru from this site to help me! :)

Go to Search, and type in "auto motion", without the quotes, and you will get lots of hits.

Got a little help...but how do I update a video card...my compuer is only 5 months old??

Go to the video card manufacturer's website, look for the latest update for your video card, download it, and before you update, make sure you have read the instructions on how to do it, also available from the manufacturer's website

How do I find out who made the video card...can I remove it. I'm a decent software person, but outside of that...frightening... :rolleyes:

I have Roxio Creator 8 Suite. Where do I get the "specs" from?

there are several freebie programs around that will list your computer specs in detail. I use EVEREST downloadable from www.lavalys.com

If you right click on your My Computer icon,hit properties,hit the hardware tab,hit device manager,then click the + sign next to display adapter,what comes up underneath should tell you the chipset being used by your video card.It should be something like ATI,NVidia or something else.Once you see this you can then go to their website or just Google the name and should find some hits to direct you there.

These directions are if you are using Windows XP,which if your computer is only 5 mos old you probably are.

I have the same problem - auto motion does not work. Actually a LOT of things in this product do not work. My laptop is 2 years old, a T42P IBM Thinkpad. Seems like the product should work with that.

Did you check the minimum requirements of the software? Video chips on laptops are a problem. Update the video drivers.

This thread is a year old. Nothing has changed with the software since then, and there probably won't be any new patches.

I have the same problem - auto motion does not work. Actually a LOT of things in this product do not work. My laptop is 2 years old, a T42P IBM Thinkpad. Seems like the product should work with that.

A two year old computer is very mature ! :P There are new drivers for that computer; I hunted around and got to this page. After that you are on your own. There are new video drivers dated Feb 2007. you may also want to see if there are any other drivers that should be updated, e.g.; audio drivers.

If that page doesn't load for you (because it was a result of a search), just start from scratch and search for drivers for your computer.

oops! sorry about that - try cpu-z from cpuid.org/cpuz.php

I download and ran that (just for fun). I didn't see where it would give you anything about your graphics set up. I still like Belarc Adviser for stuff like this. Google for it. BTW, there is a new version that seems to give more informtion than before.

For many, the automotion is too subtle; almost as if it were not there. Make sure that the duration is long enough to see it. Perhaps your best bet is to add pan and zoom manually.

I download and ran that (just for fun). I didn't see where it would give you anything about your graphics set up. I still like Belarc Adviser for stuff like this. Google for it. BTW, there is a new version that seems to give more informtion than before.

This idea that the motion is "too subtle" is a bunch of bunk. The truth is that the product doesn't work. For those who have it, I recommend uninstalling and returning to V7, as V8 doesn't add enough meaningful value to compensate for all its faults.

This idea that the motion is "too subtle" is a bunch of bunk. The truth is that the product doesn't work. For those who have it, I recommend uninstalling and returning to V7, as V8 doesn't add enough meaningful value to compensate for all its faults.

Many people like V7 over V8; it is a matter of preference. Did you know that you can have both on your computer use V7 for the video and V8 for everything else. There are functions in V8 that are not available in V7/7.5.

As for not working, are you telling me that if you apply automotion to an image file in VideoWave, that you see no motion at all? What is the image duration? Personally, I do not use it because I want to control the pan and zoom effects but automotion does work; perhaps not to your standards.

Archived