Everything Works But...

Folen

Question

We received our game capture today and have it all hooked up properly. We get picture on box the tv and the Roxio software, but we're at a standstill thanks to color issues. For example..the yellows are pink and vibrant greens are a pale green at best. I spent nearly an hour with tech support and all the help I got was "Close this chat so you can email me pictures of what you're seeing." Problem is the email hasn't come through. Any suggestions?

post-94496-061048700 1303334438.jpg

post-94496-056568500 1303334471.jpg

The pink background on the second picture should be yellow and the flames should be a bright red. Instead we've got pale pink and dark pink.

22 answers to this question

We received our game capture today and have it all hooked up properly. We get picture on box the tv and the Roxio software, but we're at a standstill thanks to color issues. For example..the yellows are pink and vibrant greens are a pale green at best. I spent nearly an hour with tech support and all the help I got was "Close this chat so you can email me pictures of what you're seeing." Problem is the email hasn't come through. Any suggestions?

post-94496-061048700 1303334438.jpg

post-94496-056568500 1303334471.jpg

The pink background on the second picture should be yellow and the flames should be a bright red. Instead we've got pale pink and dark pink.

Please provide more information on your computer. What Operating System ? What video card/chip?. Have you tried to update the video card/chip yet? In many cases, turning off video acceleration will help.

Either something is not connected correctly or the box has issues.

When you use Component video if you don't get the colors correctly connected strange results happen.

Make sure that all the colors match up all the way from start to finish.Red to Red,Blue to Blue and Green to Green.

Make sure that none of the connectors is loose.

If all that is good then you may have a bad cable.

See if changing any of them helps.

If you're getting it on both the PC and the TV then the one I'd be suspicious of is the one from the XBox to the Capture Adapter.

If you check all of that and still have issues I'd contact Tech Support.The device could have a problem.

Edited by tbrewst

Hello. I'm just curious, was there any resolution to this issue?

I just got a Roxio Gamecap box 2 days ago and I am having an extremely similar problem. The difference is only the pass through video is affected. Everything I capture and/or stream comes out perfect, but on my TV all the yellows are pink and the blues/greens look really messed up.

Since I noticed this problem (which was immediately) I have:

Updated all software and drivers on my laptop

•  
  • Changed USB cables
  • Changed Component cables to the TV
  • Connected to a different component input on the TV
  • Fiddled with color and picture settings on the TV
  • Changed Component cables from my xbox/PS3
  • Hooked box to an entirely different PC

The problem is unchanged. ANY help would be appreciated. I love this unit for capture and streaming, but I would REALLY like to not have to sacrifice output color to my TV if I can avoid it. Thanks!

Hello. I'm just curious, was there any resolution to this issue?

I just got a Roxio Gamecap box 2 days ago and I am having an extremely similar problem. The difference is only the pass through video is affected. Everything I capture and/or stream comes out perfect, but on my TV all the yellows are pink and the blues/greens look really messed up.

Since I noticed this problem (which was immediately) I have:

Updated all software and drivers on my laptop

• Changed USB cables
  • Changed Component cables to the TV
  • Connected to a different component input on the TV
  • Fiddled with color and picture settings on the TV
  • Changed Component cables from my xbox/PS3
  • Hooked box to an entirely different PC

The problem is unchanged. ANY help would be appreciated. I love this unit for capture and streaming, but I would REALLY like to not have to sacrifice output color to my TV if I can avoid it. Thanks!

The original poster either solved his problem or just gave up. :unsure: In either case, the original poser was not kind enough to come back and tell us.:(

Have you check the Kb articles that Roxio has on the program. If you go to the top of this page and clcik on Support and the Support Home, you will get a page of KB articles. On the right dropdown, clcik on this program. There are two possible issues This is thefirst Kb article. this is the second. Perhaps one of these will help.

Edited by sknis

The original poster either solved his problem or just gave up. :unsure: In either case, the original poser was not kind enough to come back and tell us.:(

Have you check the Kb articles that Roxio has on the program. If you go to the top of this page and clcik on Support and the Support Home, you will get a page of KB articles. On the right dropdown, clcik on this program. There are two possible issues This is thefirst Kb article. this is the second. Perhaps one of these will help.

ok, I looked at both KB articles, and neither one helped. As "Killnine" stated I've tried everything and the colors are still way off. And I've check each games resolution before testing, still with no success. I find it funny that alot of the answers I've received have been in regards to the PS3 set up, when the pictures and my posts are clearly 360. I feel like I wasted 80 bucks.

This is what the support ticket asked me to do as well. Neither of those articles has a thing to do with the problem I'm having. My image is anything but blurry, and my capture, as stated, is smooth and beautiful. My problem is with the color on the TV. I'm really hoping Roxio gets back to me with something other than a canned response from supportBot.

This is what the support ticket asked me to do as well. Neither of those articles has a thing to do with the problem I'm having. My image is anything but blurry, and my capture, as stated, is smooth and beautiful. My problem is with the color on the TV. I'm really hoping Roxio gets back to me with something other than a canned response from supportBot.

yeah I find it hilarious I send them caps of 360 and they give me PS3 advice. BTW I get the same results on my PS3. Like you the capture screen is ok, but it seems the capture hardware affects my TV colors.

yeah I find it hilarious I send them caps of 360 and they give me PS3 advice. BTW I get the same results on my PS3. Like you the capture screen is ok, but it seems the capture hardware affects my TV colors.

I have a couple friends who just picked up the device as well, and neither of them are having this issue. It leads me to believe it MUST be faulty hardware, but I imagine I'm going to have to jump through hoops for another week before anyone admits to that.

I have a couple friends who just picked up the device as well, and neither of them are having this issue. It leads me to believe it MUST be faulty hardware, but I imagine I'm going to have to jump through hoops for another week before anyone admits to that.

What is different in your set up and the others? I would check the wires first if you haven't already done that. What graphics card do you have and are the drivers up to date?

If you can't find a solution, and If you bought it directly from Roxio, you have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Don't wait too long. Return it and then buy it again. :P

I have a suggestion then, if your friends live close take your hardware to their PC. If it works you've eliminated the "MUST be faulty hardware" without jumping through hoops for another week. ;)

What is different in your set up and the others? I would check the wires first if you haven't already done that. What graphics card do you have and are the drivers up to date?

If you can't find a solution, and If you bought it directly from Roxio, you have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Don't wait too long. Return it and then buy it again. :P

Different PC's and different TV's for sure. I have an AMD vision setup on my laptop and an ATI card in the desktop. Both are completely up to date, but I feel again I must stress that I am not having any trouble with the computer side of things. I've changed out cables twice and got identical results with each set. Unfortunately, I bought it from Amazon so there won't be any direct returns with Roxio. I just want to confirm what the problem is.

I have a suggestion then, if your friends live close take your hardware to their PC. If it works you've eliminated the "MUST be faulty hardware" without jumping through hoops for another week. ;)

Unfortunately, they live in Georgia and I'm in Florida. While that may not seem far, it is. :P

Different PC's and different TV's for sure. I have an AMD vision setup on my laptop and an ATI card in the desktop. Both are completely up to date, but I feel again I must stress that I am not having any trouble with the computer side of things. I've changed out cables twice and got identical results with each set. Unfortunately, I bought it from Amazon so there won't be any direct returns with Roxio. I just want to confirm what the problem is.

Unfortunately, they live in Georgia and I'm in Florida. While that may not seem far, it is. :P

I just took mine to my neighbors and had the same results. However I did notice a small rattle inside the device. So I think it either got damaged in shipping, or it's a decepticon waiting to kill me in my sleep.

Since you bought it from Amazon then you need to contact them for a return/replacement per the Roxio support policy.

Sorry,not my choice.

And even if one of us thought it was defective we don't work for Roxio so we have no power over anything to do with returns,defective materials.

Edited by tbrewst

I have this EXACT SAME ISSUE! The TV looks great perfect colors. Only the software preview and capture everytthing is bright pink and grey. The links below are youtube vids I made and it is clear.

And since the picture is perfect on the TV I know it is not an issue with the cables, which are thick quality cables.

this devices is a peace of ^#!& i have one and that what it doesto me pvr all the way

Perhaps if you were to stick to you other post (instead of butting in on another post with a childish comment), someone might try to help. Even better, start your own thread and supply some useful information.