Loading Avi Files For Edit

kwgrant428

Question

I copy shows from my Dircetv DVR and edit out the commercials for my son who is Iraq. I have successfully done that for the past 4 months. The process is Windows Media records as a WTV file, then I comvert to AVI using WTV Converter, then run Videowave, load avi file, edit then export final product as a mpeg2 file for size considerations. I have done this successfully for quite awhile but now each time I try to load a new avi file or even a old one that I have successfully edit in the past, it gives a message that says that the file is not editable and will not load it. What's going on? Thanks, Kelly

7 answers to this question

I tried your suggestion to no available, however your suggestion did help update some of my drivers. I also removed it completely and reloaded and still got the message. See attached. Any other ideas? Thanks, Kelly

Perhaps a problem with the WTV converter? Were any setting changed, even by accident?

The converter is for WTV to AVI only. I have attached a screen shot. I have captured the video and registered for Upfordown, but have not received a confirmation e-mail yet. Are they usually this slow (over 15 minutes). Further notes: I received my Roxio 11 update, I loaded with your instructions and the problem persists. Also when I load Videowave (From either 10 or 11) my CPU monitor registers 10 to 12% usage which is normal, however after I try to load an AVI file the CPU monitor jumps to 75 to 100% and stays there until I close Videowave then it returns to normal. Weird eh!! By the way thanks for help on this. Kelly

post-94553-072464400 1303827838.jpg

You can use Windows to convert the copy freely .wtv files to dvr-ms and then Roxio will work with the dvr-ms files.Just right click the wtv file and choose to convert it.

As for things working for awhile and then stopping suddenly, it could be a codec problem.