• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Vhs To Dvd

Kim R

Question

The Roxio Easy VHS to DVD software is very resource intense and requires way more than the specifications lead you to believe. I read with great interest evaluations that said it worked perfectly as described all the way to it was a piece of crap that never worked. I found that a 2.4 GHz P4 processor and 2gig of memory did not work. The audio was way out of sync and video was quite jerky. Operating this software in this configuration was far from satisfactory. Now the good news, running this Roxio software with 3 gig of memory and a dual core 2.0 GHz processor worked flawlessly. It worked as described in the documentation, with no issues. This tells you what won’t work and what will. Probably some where between these machines is the breaking point but use this information as a guide. In all cases I was not running any other programs and I was copying the information to an external hard drive. The results did not change between Windows XP and Windows 7. Hope this information is of some use.

5 answers to this question

The Roxio Easy VHS to DVD software is very resource intense and requires way more than the specifications lead you to believe. I read with great interest evaluations that said it worked perfectly as described all the way to it was a piece of crap that never worked. I found that a 2.4 GHz P4 processor and 2gig of memory did not work. The audio was way out of sync and video was quite jerky. Operating this software in this configuration was far from satisfactory. Now the good news, running this Roxio software with 3 gig of memory and a dual core 2.0 GHz processor worked flawlessly. It worked as described in the documentation, with no issues. This tells you what won’t work and what will. Probably some where between these machines is the breaking point but use this information as a guide. In all cases I was not running any other programs and I was copying the information to an external hard drive. The results did not change between Windows XP and Windows 7. Hope this information is of some use.

Good post. You found that if you install newer software, on an older, boat anchor computer, it doesn't work well, and if you install it on a newer, medium to high end computer, it does work well. Amazing, isn't it?

:lol::P:lol: wrong conclussion...

I have run this software on a lot less PC than that, note my Dell Mini 10 & 8300 specs!

There is a problem with that PC and/or install, however, it is not the software ;)

If that is the PC where you want to install it, I would suggest this approach:

Download and uninstall V2D using the
uninstaller.

Then do the
to the letter!

Lastly, while the Prep Steps are in effect, Install the software.

That should do the trick ;)

Let us know how that works out, we will be glad to help out.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I found that a 2.4 GHz P4 processor and 2gig of memory did not work.

I have run this software on a lot less PC than that, note my Dell Mini 10 & 8300 specs!

Your Dual Core 1.6 Mini and P4 3.0 GHz are not a lot less PC than her 2.4 GHz P4. Your 1.6 Dual Core Mini will probably out run her 2.4 GHz P4.

OP's PC could be a non hyper-threading Willamette or Northwood core with low L2 cache and slower FSB speed.

The devil is in the details...

Yes they are and I have run it on even less!!!

Point being, his PC EXCEEDS all of the minimum specs and are not the reason for any failure...

If you have something to actually contribute, other than nit picking my post, by all means do so.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Yes they are and I have run it on even less!!!

Point being, his PC EXCEEDS all of the minimum specs and are not the reason for any failure...

If you have something to actually contribute, other than nit picking my post, by all means do so.

I'm not nit picking your post!

Only pointing out a P4 3.0 GHz and Dual Core 1.6 GHz yours, is more PC than her P4 2.4.

You said "wrong conclussion...I have run this software on a lot less PC than that"

The minimum specs for V2D at 1 GHz and 512MB is unrealistic for mpeg 2 video work..