• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Hi All

Beenworking for years in Videowave7Pro and DVDit! Now learning Creator2011. Got my chapters into my movie and trying to build my menus. Can't find where my chapters and movie links are? I've been hours reading help etc. but it never says how to find or activate my links? VERY frustrating to say the least. Also if I do get a link I'd like to create my button image from footage in that chapter. Used to be easy in DVDit! I'm sure I can figure button image out if only I could find my links???????????

Thank you in advance for any insight you al may have. For the highest good

Deb

5 answers to this question

To make sure we are on the same page of Terminology, take a look at this post: Here

One other thing you should be aware of is the effect of your Quality Setting on the Menu Buttons in the Suite: Here

Thank you I'm going to print out the information and try it. My project is big 1hr 17 min =sec + frames. My movie is already divided into chapters. Its a "how to" so one chapter for each lesson and chapters with example music tunes at the end. In DVDit! I would edit chapter points then Author menus with menu 1 as first play. Menu one having links to menu 2 (Chapters 1-5), menu3 (Chapters 6-10)etc. Menu 2 would have titled link buttons to each Chapter on that menu. I can also set the button image. My current proj. has 20 chapters with 5 menus. Wish me luck.

I'm using creator 2011 on my daughters computer (newer, more space, more drives, etc.) as my movie is on an external hard drive.

You will want to use a DVD DL so that you can maintain HQ…

Of course you can try a it on a 4.7 RW first and see what it looks like. <_<

My first thoughts, in MyDVD (little experance in DVDIt), would be to first add 17 Menus so that you have each ‘Chapter’ on a separate Page with links to the sample music on that page.

You can make the sample music into a “Movie” in VideoWave using stills or some other eye candy

Each Button on the Chapter Page will return to that page…

This would increase your Time, but by switching to a DL you do have some extra to play with. ;)

It might be possible to add 2 Chapters w/Music to each Menu Page???

Make a simple test project, using Pictures for the Movies and play around with the concept of Next/Previous/Home Buttons, etc.

I have video of the sample music, it's part of my movie!

Each "Chapter" has 1- 10 frame transition from previous 'scene' or "chapter"

and 1.00 second of black before next 'scene'. The whole movie is a musical instrument "How to" (play)

You will want to use a DVD DL so that you can maintain HQ…

Of course you can try a it on a 4.7 RW first and see what it looks like. <_<

My first thoughts, in MyDVD (little experance in DVDIt), would be to first add 17 Menus so that you have each ‘Chapter’ on a separate Page with links to the sample music on that page.

You can make the sample music into a “Movie” in VideoWave using stills or some other eye candy

Each Button on the Chapter Page will return to that page…

This would increase your Time, but by switching to a DL you do have some extra to play with. ;)

It might be possible to add 2 Chapters w/Music to each Menu Page???

Make a simple test project, using Pictures for the Movies and play around with the concept of Next/Previous/Home Buttons, etc.

I have video of the sample music, it's part of my movie!

Each "Chapter" has 1- 10 frame transition from previous 'scene' or "chapter"

and 1.00 second of black before next 'scene'. The whole movie is a musical instrument "How to" (play)

P.S. I have an 8.GB flash drive and/or DVDdl for master. File is 5GB