• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cutting Out Video

Kevin B.

Question

I'm new to Roxio Toast, and I just bought Toast 11, and I am trying to get used to all the quirks and problems. I'm editing AVCHD files (*.m2ts), and I am trying to cut middle portions of the video. I know I have to use the markers (button that is in between the "Play" button (>) and the "Set Picture" button. And when I put the markers in the middle of the video and then drag the end marker a bit I see that the middle section turns yellow, like the manual says. But when I burn a High Definition DVD, the video plays up until the end marker in the middle of the video and then just deletes the rest of the video from end marker to the end of the clip. Attached is a picture of the edit window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I figure maybe I'm doing something wrong or need to do an additional step that I am missing. It seems like it gets confused and thinks the middle end marker is the end marker of the clip.

Thanks,

Kevin

post-94583-097718900 1303641856.png

Edited by Kevin B.

3 answers to this question

I haven't experimented a lot with the editor but thought it was working okay. What you show in your post is correct. The only thing that might help is to move the playhead back to the beginning or end of the video. Also, does Toast correctly report the total time length of the video in the main window after marking the edits or does it show the length to be what you ended up with? Are you using Toast 11.0.2?

Yes, I am using Toast 11.0.2. Toast does show the correct time in the main window after trying to edit and cut video. I also made sure that both cut markers were black and tried moving the play head to start and beginning and it still does not work. Just stops at the begin cut marker. Maybe it has something to do with editing *.m2ts files.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. If you have any other thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.