Lare

Converting .flv And .wmv Files To Dvd Format For Home Use.

Question

I have tons of clips and snippets filed on an external HDD that I want to consolidate and place on DVDs to share with my daughter, who will view them on her home entertainment system's DVD player. I'm fairly familiar with PCs and just plain CD/DVD ripping, but the conversion process is very difficult for me, and I could use some help.

Is what I want to do even possible with Creator 2009?

We use Windows Vista Premium Home OS and Windows XP Home Ed. OS. We both use Real Pro for PC a/v, along with Windows Media Player.

2 answers to this question

I have tons of clips and snippets filed on an external HDD that I want to consolidate and place on DVDs to share with my daughter, who will view them on her home entertainment system's DVD player. I'm fairly familiar with PCs and just plain CD/DVD ripping, but the conversion process is very difficult for me, and I could use some help.

Is what I want to do even possible with Creator 2009?

We use Windows Vista Premium Home OS and Windows XP Home Ed. OS. We both use Real Pro for PC a/v, along with Windows Media Player.

Your "tons of clips and snippets" are probably in several different formats?

A Authored DVD Video has to convert the different formats to DVD Video standards that's where it will play on stand alone DVD players. My DVD and Videowave default to 9+MB's per second on the conversion process and will only hold 60 minutes of video play time on a standard single layer DVD and about 2 hours on a dual layer DVD.

You flv files probably will need to be converted before Roxio will except them. Here is a free converter 'any-video-converter'.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Start with a bit less than 60 minutes, use the HQ output setting and a RW DVD and see what you get...

Edited by cdanteek

Thanks, Guru! Looks simple enough that even an old fart like me can understand it :blink: I'll give it a try and post back any unique glitches I may encounter.