• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JAC99

97% 'freezing' Problem And Possible Solution

Question

I, like many others, have been the 'victim' of MyDVD freezing at 97% and on several occasions have just abandoned the project at this point.

I sought answers through these forums and took on board most of the advice given, especially when new to the product, but not everything worked.

However, I think I have now resolved the problem; at least it has worked for me over the past dozen or so projects.

The first part of the solution is to always output the result to either an Image Set (ISO file) or a Folder Set (dedicated folder) from which the DVD can later be written.

Then commence to Burn your Project. When MyDVD reaches 97% LET THE PROGRAM RUN. It should eventually complete to 100% BUT it might take some considerable time. I've known it take 45 mins or more.

The reason seems to be that MyDVD first renders the movie files into a temporary work space. This rendering takes approx 97% of the time. Once all rendering is complete, MyDVD then needs to process the temporary file(s) and write out the final DVD files in your chosen format (ISO or Folder). This process takes a long time (as I have seen).

So be patient, the project will eventually complete (I hope!).

John

PS. It might help if Roxio was to display more useful information during the burn process to indicate what was being done at each stage.

2 answers to this question

I'm in the 97% abyss as I type this. I't been there for over 20 min. I'll report back if waiting without the ISO step works. If not I'll try the ISO sugestion and report on that. BTW, I have a new high-end W7 64bit system so processor and memory on not the issue.

Edited by MCwildside

I'm in the 97% abyss as I type this. I't been there for over 20 min. I'll report back if waiting without the ISO step works. If not I'll try the ISO sugestion and report on that. BTW, I have a new high-end W7 64bit system so processor and memory on not the issue.

OK, I waited a bit longer and I am good to go.