• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Scene Detect Window

LenG

Question

After using EMC for a while for audio, I'm finally venturing into video. The problem I've encountered is that when I start scene detect the window is larger that the vertical display area on my monitor, so the window controls are not visible. Normal attempts to resize the window don't work (there aren't any handles -- probably because the corners of the window aren't visible), and resizing the videowave window before opening scene detect doesn't help. Adjusting display controls doesn't either.

Everyone sometimes loses the menu bar of an app, but this time the typical tricks aren't working.

Thanks for any thoughts.

5 answers to this question

What is your screen resolution and text dpi set as? If they are set too large, you may have a problem seeing everything. Most noticeable in Label Creator.

That did it! Setting screen text size back to normal was the key. Thanks.

After using EMC for a while for audio, I'm finally venturing into video. The problem I've encountered is that when I start scene detect the window is larger that the vertical display area on my monitor, so the window controls are not visible. Normal attempts to resize the window don't work (there aren't any handles -- probably because the corners of the window aren't visible), and resizing the videowave window before opening scene detect doesn't help. Adjusting display controls doesn't either.

Everyone sometimes loses the menu bar of an app, but this time the typical tricks aren't working.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Try making the video wave (I assume thats what your using, but whatever you are this will still work) window an actual window , as opposed to being "full screen" -- To achieve this, just double click on the bar at the top of the screen. Then, move it to the middle of the screen, and run the scene detect. See if the problem persists.

Try making the video wave (I assume thats what your using, but whatever you are this will still work) window an actual window , as opposed to being "full screen" -- To achieve this, just double click on the bar at the top of the screen. Then, move it to the middle of the screen, and run the scene detect. See if the problem persists.

I've resized the VideoWave window a number of times, down to the point where it wouldn't have even been usable; the Scene Detect window still pops up full screen.

After using EMC for a while for audio, I'm finally venturing into video. The problem I've encountered is that when I start scene detect the window is larger that the vertical display area on my monitor, so the window controls are not visible. Normal attempts to resize the window don't work (there aren't any handles -- probably because the corners of the window aren't visible), and resizing the videowave window before opening scene detect doesn't help. Adjusting display controls doesn't either. Everyone sometimes loses the menu bar of an app, but this time the typical tricks aren't working. Thanks for any thoughts.

What is your screen resolution and text dpi set as? If they are set too large, you may have a problem seeing everything. Most noticeable in Label Creator.

Archived