• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Au Filter Bias Sound Soap Stuck In "authorize" Loop?

RobAins

Question

I've upgraded from Toast 10 Pro to Toast 11 Pro and got my Email with serial numbers. All good.

When I do Conversions from .MTS files to some other format (i.e. QuickTime or DivX) and select AU Filter button ... which then offers "Effect" drop down where I can select BIAS Inc Sound Soap for Toast. If I select this I get prompted for CD Key ... I enter the SoundSoap key from my Email and it authorizes but then it get stuck in an "Authorize" loop ... keeps wanting to Authorize the same item every time. If I select "show all BIAS Products" there is long list of about 20 items, 19 of them Unauthorized and only 1 authorized (SoundSoap SE 2). What I'm being asked to Authorize is "SoundSoap for Toast 2" ... over and over and over.

Anyone know what's going on with this "Authorize" process and SoundSoap? Seems extremely buggy.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks, Rob

3 answers to this question

Maybe the info in this post will help.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like I should just uninstall all SoundSoap items I have? What is strange is that when I started Final Cut Pro I got the same authorization loop and then again when I started Logic Pro same authorization loop.

So this is probably a SoundSoap problem and not necessarily a Roxio issue, but regardless, if Roxio sell the product as part of their "Pro" version they need to do more than just "include" it "as is". I couldn't find any information about this authorization process in the help files nor during the installation process.

Not really sure how so many "unauthorized" versions of BIAS products got installed on my Mac?? Did they come with Logic Pro and/or Final Cut Studio?? My registration CD-KEY Email doesn't indicate which version of SoundSoap is included ... just says "SoundSoap". Looking at BIAS Inc web site and there are 6 versions of "SoundSoap";

SoundSoap LE 2

SoundSoap 2

SoundSoap Pro 2

SoundSoap SE 2

SoundSoap Pro and Master Perfection Suite Bundle

So I'm guessing Roxio include "SoundSoap SE 2" as that's the cheaper of the SoundSoap products ($49 value)?

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by RobAins

Thanks for the response. Sounds like I should just uninstall all SoundSoap items I have? What is strange is that when I started Final Cut Pro I got the same authorization loop and then again when I started Logic Pro same authorization loop.

So this is probably a SoundSoap problem and not necessarily a Roxio issue, but regardless, if Roxio sell the product as part of their "Pro" version they need to do more than just "include" it "as is". I couldn't find any information about this authorization process in the help files nor during the installation process.

Not really sure how so many "unauthorized" versions of BIAS products got installed on my Mac?? Did they come with Logic Pro and/or Final Cut Studio?? My registration CD-KEY Email doesn't indicate which version of SoundSoap is included ... just says "SoundSoap". Looking at BIAS Inc web site and there are 6 versions of "SoundSoap";

SoundSoap LE 2

SoundSoap 2

SoundSoap Pro 2

SoundSoap SE 2

SoundSoap Pro and Master Perfection Suite Bundle

So I'm guessing Roxio include "SoundSoap SE 2" as that's the cheaper of the SoundSoap products ($49 value)?

Cheers, Rob.

You can have multiple licensed versions of SoundSoap on your Mac at the same time. The only difference between them is how Bias sold the license. They all work the same except that the one bundled with Toast 11 cannot be opened as a standalone application. The one bundled with Toast 11 Pro is called "BIAS SoundSoap for Toast 2" and should be shown as the last (bottom) item in the Product list when you launch BIAS Authorization Manager. It doesn't work to enter the SoundSoap license you received with Toast 11 Pro unless you are doing it with that product selected in the authorization manager. The BIAS Authorization Manager is in your Applications folder, if you haven't noticed it.

If you already have a different license for SoundSoap you don't need to install the one bundled with Toast, but you can if you like (I do and did). Any installed version of SoundSoap will appear in the Effects list after you click the AU button in Toast. However, if the one you select is not shown as licensed in the BIAS Authorization Manager you will be asked to license it. Be sure to choose the one called BIAS SoundSoap for Toast 2 if that is the one for which you completed the licensing.

Edited by tsantee