• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ba2991

Copyright Restriction

Question

HI all.

I have installed TiVo Transfer software and I would like to save some programs on DVD but every time I try to burn a program from the TV I get the following - Not Added Due To Copyright Restrictions. I don't the purpose of TiVo Transfer and Toast10 if we are unable to burn programs from the TV, or am I missing something...

Cheers

ba2991

If you want the video to be burned to a DVD for playing on a DVD Player the place to do this is in the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. If you want to have a video play on a video iPod, iPhone, iPad or some similar device then the place to do this is in the Convert window with Video Files selected as the format. If you just want to be able to play the video on your computer then you don't need to do anything because you can play it directly from the TiVo Transfer application.

But the above only applies if the video is not copy protected, which yours seem to be. Are you in Australia? I found this article on TiVo's support site which suggests that everything there is copy protected.

HI and thanks for sending the link to be about copyright and Australia, yes I am in Melbourne Australia, after reading the article about copyright and Australia I guess the just about sums it up.

Thanks again

Colin