Error -18768

JimmyG123

Question

15 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice. The folder has read/write privileges for everyone. But the installer goes through the motions and at the end says "the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail".

Hmmm. Go here and download the full 11.0.1 package to replace your existing Toast 11 folder (for example, trash the existing one or rename it so you can install the new one). Then see if the 11.0.2 updater works.

After update, it will start "mulitplexing" and then immediately stop

I understand you are using the High Definition DVD-video setting. What are the specs for the source video? Was there any editing done by Toast? Try choosing Save as Disc Image to see if that makes any difference. I'll be gone for awhile so I won't be able to help until later.

After update, it will start "mulitplexing" and then immediately stop

What kind of files are you working with? Are you bringing in separate video & audio files. If so, if you do any editing within Toast, it only trims the video file and not the audio file (.ac3) file. that results in the multiplexing error. People at Roxio are aware of this and are working on a fix.

Steve

I should say that I appear to have no problem starting to burn a regular DVD...just the hd. I believe that I have installed the blu ray plug in correctly, but I am wondering if there is a place that I can check this.

I'm pretty sure you'd get a message that the Blu-ray plugin is required if it wasn't installed properly. You might even see the Blu-ray option grayed out.

The fact that this is happening during multiplexing has me perplexed. Something I'd test is editing out a little of the content and choosing Save as Disc Image to see if this makes any difference. I'd try to make the edit near the time where the multiplexing progress bar ceased to work. If this happens right at the start then you don't have to trim off very much. The video is trimmed by clicking the Edit button. You'll see the editor there.

You also might go to the Storage pane in Toast Preferences and change the location of the Temporary Storage Disk. I don't think this will matter but I'm in a try everything mindset.

Edited by tsantee

Thanks...I'll try those suggestions and let you know. Thanks for the help.

I have to wonder if there is some sort of corruption in the original audio clip associated with the video that is interfering with the multiplexing. Is Toast re-encoding your video or just using the native files? ie when you bring the files into the project pane and then click on the burn button, do you see any indication that the video and audio are encoding or does it go straight to multiplexing? If not, I'd suspect there is something hinky with the original movie files. I'd try re-downloading them to your computer and then try bringing them back into Toast.

Steve

All right, so following the last two suggestions, this is what I have done still to no success. I tried switching the temporary disk. I checked that folders permissions and changed to "read and write". I eliminated the clips one by one and tried to burn. I also went back to Toast 11.0.0, and the first step that occurs is "encoding", which then ends with error 18768. This is different than when I use Toast 11.0.2, which starts at "multiplexing" and quits immediately. I then tried completely different video files, in case there was something corrupt with the ones that I was trying to burn, and the same things happened. Thanks for the continued help...believe me when I say that I appreciate it all, and all the troubleshooting, as I have no clue as to where to go.

All right, so following the last two suggestions, this is what I have done still to no success. I tried switching the temporary disk. I checked that folders permissions and changed to "read and write". I eliminated the clips one by one and tried to burn. I also went back to Toast 11.0.0, and the first step that occurs is "encoding", which then ends with error 18768. This is different than when I use Toast 11.0.2, which starts at "multiplexing" and quits immediately. I then tried completely different video files, in case there was something corrupt with the ones that I was trying to burn, and the same things happened. Thanks for the continued help...believe me when I say that I appreciate it all, and all the troubleshooting, as I have no clue as to where to go.

I looked at the files that have been encoded by Toast in my Roxio converted items folder. They are all 1440 x 1080. The original movies that they are derived from are 1920 x 1080 HDV. I suspect that your h264 files need to be re-encoded. I would use Toast 11.0.2. So, in the right side of the project pane (below the menu template selector) I would set quality to "best." If you have been using "customize" it may be set to re-encode never and this could possibly be causing the problem. Just a thought. I certainly could be wrong.

Steve

Edited by pupdocdiver