Capture In Divx

ixtreme

Question

Has any one had the same problem as me. I have a PS3 and i live in the UK but have to set the options tv standard to NTSC_M. I cannot use any of the PAL settings otherwise the picture is wavy and blurry. I have the input settings on the PS3 as 480p/576p/720p/1080i i have tried 480p/576p/720p and it is the same. If i have to use NTSC_M so be it but wonder why i cannot use PAL. Also when i capture in AVI i have a green boader at the bottom and on the right side.

Now my main problem :lol:. When i capture in DIVX i cannot edit the file in videowave i get a white file with a red circle in and get an error code please see attached picture. Yet i can watch the divx video on my hard drive.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

post-94530-096910000 1304191160.jpg

post-94530-075379200 1304191173.jpg

5 answers to this question

Read someof the replies in the other posts . This may be the issue you are experiencing.

Try that and then see if you can edit the files.

Did you have your anti-virus running during install. If so, turn it off and then do a repair. You can turn it on afterwards.

Do you have IE 7,8 or 9 and WMP 11 or higher on your computer? They are necessary.

Please post your complete computer specs.

Edited by sknis

I have just done a repair and that did not work. So i did a clean reinstall

but now i have the same issue with the AVI file as the DIVX one, white file with the red circle on So i don't know what is going on there. Thank god i created a restore point. I could not remember if i had anti virus on the first time i installed RGC but it was defiantly off this time round. I forgot to say that i have Roxio Creator 2011 on my pc would this have caused a problem but then again the AVI file was working before i reinstalled the software.

Specs of my pc is in my signiture.

Again thank you for any advice.

Update

I have just removed the DivX program i had on my computer from www.divx.com and now

the AVI and DivX files are now showing and woking correctly. So if anyone has any problems

like i had check for any DivX programs you may have on your pc.

Update

I have just removed the DivX program i had on my computer from www.divx.com and now

the AVI and DivX files are now showing and woking correctly. So if anyone has any problems

like i had check for any DivX programs you may have on your pc.

Thanks for letting us know that it may well have been a codec issue.

Thanks for letting us know that it may well have been a codec issue.

No problem. This problem was really making me think what could cause my issues, but we got there in the end. Thank you for giving me a starting point, I appreciate it.