Quickie Slideshow Resolution Issue

mtrodgers99

Question

I recently purchased and installed TOAST TITANIUM 10 with the HD plug-in on my Mac. I tried a quick project, similar to what I have been doing to make a quick slideshow in iDVD. I dragged a couple of iPhoto albums from the media browser into the Toast project area. I selected some menu/theme options and burned a Blu-ray disc (rewrite-able) at the best quality setting. I played back the Blu-ray disc in a player connected to my high definition television. Surprisingly, the resolution of both the menu screens and the photos themselves were worse than with iDVD. Was I assuming too much in thinking it would be that easy to have something better looking than an iDVD slideshow?

I have version 10.0.8 .

TIA

3 answers to this question

I haven't tried making Blu-ray slide shows so don't know what might be the problem here. But you might go to the custom encoder settings window (Click More... then Encoding, the Custom). If it is set to encode using MPEG 2 then try MPEG 4. If it is MPEG 4 try MPEG 2.

I haven't tried making Blu-ray slide shows so don't know what might be the problem here. But you might go to the custom encoder settings window (Click More... then Encoding, the Custom). If it is set to encode using MPEG 2 then try MPEG 4. If it is MPEG 4 try MPEG 2.

Thanks. I'll try your suggestion.

I discovered the reason I was getting non-HD image when I burned a Blu-ray. I had made a project with two photo albums from iPhoto. I expected that Toast would burn the Blu-ray with the menus in high definition and the photos "as good as possible" since they were not high definition. Instead, Toast burned both the menus and the photos as NTSC standard, which looks crappy on a 65" HDTV. I added some high definition video to the project, and only then did Toast burn a Blu-ray disc with the menus in high definition. The high definition video was also burned properly and the photos were "as good as possible". Roxio should document that somewhere.