• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Names On Iso 9660 Disk

RickA

Question

I'm using Creator Classic in Roxio Creator 2011 Pro SP1.

I'm trying to create a bootable ISO 9660 CD, which I've done successfully in the past. With my latest project, some of the folder and directory names have special characters such as $ and !. Creator Classic changes all these special characters to _ , no matter which file name option I select in the Advanced tab of the Project Settings. And lowercase letters are changed to uppercase. For example, a file named $test! is renamed _TEST_

I understand that this renaming is normal if I select ISO 9660 8.3 File Names. But shouldn't the special characters be preserved if I select MS-DOS 8.3 File Names or Long File Names?

Another issue is that, if ISO 9660 8.3 File Names or MS-DOS 8.3 File Names is selected, there is no notification that the file names will be changed; they're just changed without any warning.

- Rick

2 answers to this question

I'm using Creator Classic in Roxio Creator 2011 Pro SP1.

I'm trying to create a bootable ISO 9660 CD, which I've done successfully in the past. With my latest project, some of the folder and directory names have special characters such as $ and !. Creator Classic changes all these special characters to _ , no matter which file name option I select in the Advanced tab of the Project Settings. And lowercase letters are changed to uppercase. For example, a file named $test! is renamed _TEST_

I understand that this renaming is normal if I select ISO 9660 8.3 File Names. But shouldn't the special characters be preserved if I select MS-DOS 8.3 File Names or Long File Names?

Another issue is that, if ISO 9660 8.3 File Names or MS-DOS 8.3 File Names is selected, there is no notification that the file names will be changed; they're just changed without any warning.

- Rick

What OS?