No Video Signal

hodgson

Question

I have a windows 7, 64 bit OS running. I have the red, white, yellow hooked up to the adapter, and run a non-protected, homemade video. When I play the video the message comes up 'no video signal'. The tape runs perfectly on the TV, the sounds seems to be registering on the device manager, my device USB 2861 is showing in my Device Manager, but there is no video or sound coming through the preview screen. I have used the tape player perfectly with a previous video capture device but it was not compatible with Windows 7. I have read every post and still haven't found a solution.

5 answers to this question

If you read the post here then you know there are TWO entries to be found in Device Manager but you only seem to indicate one :huh:

You have then also read the troubleshooting techniques we offer everyone posting this question, so how did they work out?

I am assuming you don't have a VCR that uses SCART adapter :glare:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

If you read the post here then you know there are TWO entries to be found in Device Manager but you only seem to indicate one :huh:

You have then also read the troubleshooting techniques we offer everyone posting this question, so how did they work out?

I am assuming you don't have a VCR that uses SCART adapter :glare:

In the Device Manager the two entries I checked was stating that it was a a)USB 2861 Device,and b)an enhanced USB port. What is an SCART adapter? I have what was supplied to me and unfamiliar with this SCART adapter.

Thanks

In the Device Manager the two entries I checked was stating that it was a a)USB 2861 Device,and b)an enhanced USB port. What is an SCART adapter? I have what was supplied to me and unfamiliar with this SCART adapter.

Thanks

If you don't know what a SCART is, you don't need one :lol: North America does not use them but just about everywhere else in the world does and they make problems with the USB Device.

In Win7 you need to see 2 entires with the Device attached:

post-39730-079364000 1304455950.jpg

And what of testing with other devices to help isolate this?????

If you don't know what a SCART is, you don't need one :lol: North America does not use them but just about everywhere else in the world does and they make problems with the USB Device.

In Win7 you need to see 2 entires with the Device attached:

post-39730-079364000 1304455950.jpg

And what of testing with other devices to help isolate this?????

I have run it through my TV perfectly, so there is no problem with cables, etc. I've installed on my thirty two bit, vista OS laptop and there is sound and video but does not record at all and the menu and top of the screen is out of sight. .

My main computer where there is no video or sound is Windows 7, 64 bit.When I look at the 'add device and printer' and click on the USB 2861 device, the sound seems to be going through, The roxio video capture device is there and the 2861device.

But when I get into the Device manager it seems different. the Roxio Video Capture USB is there nad the 2861 device is there but when I check it's properties it shows it as USB Audio Device.

The screen you sent me shoews Windows 7, (32 bit); where mine is Windows 7, (64 bit). Could this be a problem?

I really appreciate your effort. I've never had such a software conundrum before. I hope the attachment is transmitted

Edited by hodgson

As far as 64 vs 32 bit, absolutly no difference, all Roxio software is 32 bit...

As far as your laptop, 1024 X 768, Smaller (96dpi) setting.

When you keep doing the same thing again and again, you are Testing Nothing :huh: you are merely repeating...

If you really want something to do, let's try this...

Do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.